Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed USPSA Production Division Changes

ZackJones

On the USPSA web site the agenda for the upcoming in-person BOD meeting is posted. There's some interesting topics related to production division shooters:

- Review of New Division request: Production Optics

- Review of Division Change - Allow aftermarket triggers in Production beyond OEM exterior appearance

- Review of Division Change - Grip reduction in Production

Not really sure what the trigger one is about but if you want your opinion heard I'd encourage you to email your area director (areaX@uspsa.org) - replace X with area number and express your opinion.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for all of the changes....if I wanted to shoot Limited, Limited 10, or Open, I would shoot them. I will be emailing my AD, when I have one, that I do not support any of these changes or new divisions.

Agreed as usual. I don't support PO at all and I would actually like to see Production reigned in not loosened up.

I agree with the trigger change without question. All it does is level the playing field for all of the Production guns. You can have a much nicer trigger on a CZ or Tanfoglio than you can on a Glock. Shooters should not be handicapped using a junk trigger.

I also feel the same on grip reduction for the same reason.

As far as Optics we have a Division for optics. If you want to shoot Optics go to Open.

The only additional change if would like to see is a change from 10 rounds to 15 rounds like IPSC.

I unfortunately don't have an Area Director so if someone would be kind enough to mention the 15 round limit I would appreciate it.

At least these proposed changes would let plastic gun shooters participate in the equipment race too.

I'm also going to suggest high-cap mags and thumbrests in production and allowing compensators on limited guns. It should be good for the economy.

The good thing about Production is that it should not be hard to get normal capacity magazines when attending out of state matches. Store them with a friend who can bring them to the match for you....

So everyone who wants to compete out of state (or travel to the US from canada) should get an extra set of magazines and find a friend who is going to the match, and then they should totally change their stage breakdown strategy just for that match. Sorry, that is a silly idea. I don't live in a restricted state, but I'm comfortable keeping production and SS on a level playing field for everyone. I think it's a good compromise.

I'd rather allow 10 round single stacks in production minor. Single stack is almost as lonely a division as revolver at some major matches, and a 1911 has no real advantage over a cz, tanfo, or glock with a good trigger. SS already has a weight limit, dimension limits, external modification limits, etc, much like production.

Edited by entropic

I would like them to allow Production gun equivalency where as long as it Enos up identical to the Production legal gun then it is legal regardless of how you bought it. Examples are a G34 slide on a G17 frame or sending back that old standard Shadow to have an ACCU bushing retrofit.

I like Production at 10 rounds. Doing reloads during a stage adds to the skill level. Where is the skill or challenge when you can shoot an entire stage with a single magazine?

I say make them all 10 rounders. Level the playing field a bit.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.. On the off chance you are serious, if you think reloading is the most difficult aspect of the game you may want to reconsider how you play the game.

I like Production at 10 rounds. Doing reloads during a stage adds to the skill level. Where is the skill or challenge when you can shoot an entire stage with a single magazine?

I say make them all 10 rounders. Level the playing field a bit.