Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new long gun bag

Ive been using a 50" long Uncle Mike's bag for 7 or 8 years, and the stitching is finally wearing out and coming loose on the grab handles, and is starting to look pretty ratty...My 10 round tube has always hung out the end several inches, and is always getting banged against everything else in the truck during transport... So, I went out and looked at several options available for long gun bags, but there doesnt seem to be a lot of options for 58"-60" shotguns with big extension tubes... I saw the new Uncle Mikes, SafariLand, and a few others... What are you guys using your 10 round/12 round shotguns?

Edited by Headworked

Brownell's 3 gun case user here. It will take my 26" Super Nova, without an extended choke, and 10 round tube. It also fits in my SKB hard golf club case for air travel. I think Brownells has 2 different lengths. My bag is around 4 or 5 years old.

I don't know of any 3 gun bags that are around 58 + I know a guy locally that uses the voodoo tactical 60 inch bag for his rifle and shot. Its basicly just a drag bag 60 inches 4 pockets.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-1013-voodoo-tactical-50-caliber-rifle-drag-bag-60-long.aspx

He loves it it holds the shotgun with out any need to have a tube sticking out.

Hope this helps but may want to look at the sniper bags at voodoo or the other manufactures.

Thanks for the heads up on the Midway bag, Steve. Seems pretty darn good for the price, so I just ordered one. The bag I'm using now doesn't have a divider, so I always have to put my shotgun in a separate soft case and then put that case inside my larger case with my rifle. It works, but it's not ideal. This midway case should solve that issue.

I have had the Safariland 3Gun bag for just under a year and a couple of the seams have tore out. I have used it regularly for matches throughout the year in which it received heavy use. I also used it at the MGM match this year and from my limited experience as a newbie, that match seems to be hard on both gear and shooter.

I sent my bag back to Safariland and they asked me 3 separate times to provide proof of purchase and I did provide that each time they asked even though I ordered the bag directly from them and had already included my Safariland order number in every e-mail exchange. The last time they asked for my proof of purchase they said "it is very dirty and quite worn". They did finally agree to replace my bag but indicated that they don't have any in stock so I will have to wait for a replacement. In the meantime my buddy will be carrying my shotgun in his Brownell's 3 gun case which has attended all the same matches and is holding up much better.

My Voodoo will take my M2 with a 12 round tube no problem. Had it for three years and it's held up very well and I am pretty rough on it. Only drawback is its a heavy bag even empty but you would expect that trade off for the durability.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know of any 3 gun bags that are around 58 + I know a guy locally that uses the voodoo tactical 60 inch bag for his rifle and shot. Its basicly just a drag bag 60 inches 4 pockets.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-1013-voodoo-tactical-50-caliber-rifle-drag-bag-60-long.aspx

He loves it it holds the shotgun with out any need to have a tube sticking out.

Hope this helps but may want to look at the sniper bags at voodoo or the other manufactures.

We have this bag, my wife bought it for me by mistake for Christmas, but it turned out great. It is actually for a 50BMG. Our Winchester SX3's with the extra long tubes fit with no problem. they hold 14 rounds with the extensions.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm