Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a new long gun bag

I use the Midway bag, 56" model. Been using it about 10 months. I can fit my Beretta 1301 with a Nordic +7 in it, plus my AR and I put my 2011 in a gun rug zipped in the side pouch. The bag has padded shoulder straps, so you can hump this bag on your back if you need to walk between stages. They are on sale right now too:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-case-pvc-coated-polyester

I use the Midway bag, 56" model. Been using it about 10 months. I can fit my Beretta 1301 with a Nordic +7 in it, plus my AR and I put my 2011 in a gun rug zipped in the side pouch. The bag has padded shoulder straps, so you can hump this bag on your back if you need to walk between stages. They are on sale right now too:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-case-pvc-coated-polyester

Thanks for the heads up!

Just ordered the 52" model. Great price, and I like the multiple attachment points for the Velcro straps inside.

Hogue has 2 sizes of their 3 gun bag. A 46" long and a 52" long bag. These are internal length dimensions.

Got to check out the Hogue bag at FB3G, as the owner was attending. Pretty impressed. Substantial padding, not only side to side, but also top and bottom. Big pockets that open wide so that it is easy to access mags, shell carriers, etc.

Ordered the 52" when I got home.

Previously I had been using a Voodoo double and then the Voodoo 60" and those are good bags also, but they don't have the padding all around that the Hogue does. In other words, you've got protection for your optic that most bags out there simply don't have.

The pockets on the Voodoo 60" are also not an ideal shape and configuration for 3gun wares, plus the extra length of the 60" means your guns are sliding around inside if you don't use the tiedowns.

The Hogue bag also has a double zipper so you can keep one of the long guns zippered up while accessing the other one, as I recall it. I'll remember better once it arrives soon as I got shipping notice on it. :)

The only downside, that I know of yet, is that it doesn't have shoulder straps......but they are releasing that add-on in the next few months as the tie-off rings and webbing is already included on the bag as they thought about adding shoulder straps from the start.

Edited by AustinWolv

I was in the market for an extra long case recently too after I added an RCI +2 onto my 10 round M2's mag tube. Got lucky and picked up a Brownells 3-Gun Competition Case (54" size) off the prize table at the Generation III Gun match. It's a fantastic case, and couldn't have come at a better time! Traveling to and around matches next season will be a little easier with this bag. Definitely give it a look.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one of the Midway 52" bags. It has some nice features to it. The shoulder straps are tucked in behind a piece of mollie that can be removed and prevents it from hanging up on things when not in use. The straps to secure the long guns are modular and can be configured to exactly what you need. They also put better zipper tabs on it and got away from the cord that always breaks like the range bags have. They are on sale now for less than $50 so the price is right was well.

• 1 month later...

Got the Midway 56" bag in, and I must say, it exceeded my expectations for under $80... stitching seems robust, material is heavy on outside, and should take plenty of abuse.. Padding inside is sufficient to keep rifle optics off of the shotgun...I also sprung for the small pistol bag, to be able to quickly go 'gun up' at safe area without dragging too much stuff over to be in the way... I'll take a few pics of gear stowed in bag, and post up soon.