Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your 9mm mainspring weight at?

gregshin

I've been running a 10lb recoil spring and a 23lb mainspring. I wanted to go with a lighter mainspring and i use CCI primers with 147gr bullets with a fast powder.

just wanted to see what you 9mm minor combo springs are using.

For my STI Eagle in 9mm I run a 9lb recoil spring and 17lb mainspring. I mainly use Winchester or Federal primers, but had a few CCI primers and all worked fine with this combination. I did try a 15lb mainspring and had a few light strikes with the CCI Primers.

10lb recoi, 18lb mainspring. I've tried using a 17lb mainspring, but would periodically get light strikes (CCI and Win SPP mainly). For those of you running 17 or even 15 lb main springs, what do you have to do to get reliable primer strikes? Run Federal primers or X-long or lightened firing pin?

Thx

10lb recoil, 18lb mainspring. I've tried using a 17lb mainspring, but would periodically get light strikes (CCI and Win SPP mainly). For those of you running 17 or even 15 lb main springs, what do you have to do to get reliable primer strikes? Run Federal primers or X-long or lightened firing pin?

Thx

Nothing special to my knowledge. Looking at my build sheet, I'm just using a standard length Wilson BP firing pin.

I've run just about every primer brand with probably less than 3 failures total. The last one I can recall was with a tula primer and it didn't appear to be a light strike.