Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack 9mm Magazines

sti38super

I got a Wilson ETM 9mm last week to try. Seems like a solid mag, but I'm not crazy about the plastic follower. My Wilson 45 mags followers would get chewed up by the slide stop. The 10th round is tight, & locking it in place requires a firmer slap than my Dawson mags. I'd recommend the Dawson mags with their basepads & the corresponding Ice magwell. Ready to run.

Who make a dependable 9mm 10 rd Single Stack magazine that works?

since any one i know that carry's a 1911 for a living carry's wilson u might go there. never seen the other stuff on a work gun

metalform suck ask the f.b.i. how their re last100 worked out.

jjw

p.s.design help was also done by a guy named ken hackathathorn who also helped design all the othwer wilson's

Edited by jjw

Ever try to load a Wilson with 10 rounds of 9mm? It is absolutely stacked in there. Last time I checked FBI didn't use 9mm 1911s. Wilson's are great in a .45 but so are most other mags.

I use PARA mags modified to hold 10 rounds. When they wear out or I decide to buy new ones I will get Tripps. I have a Wilson Combat that I don't use because I have to download it to 8 to get it to run (freaking useless).

-Jake

I have a bunch of etm mags in 9mm and they are definitely tough to load to full and then insert into a gun with the slide down. Cutting a coil helps

I was also having a problem with slide lock reloads where if I was pushing up on the slide when I tried to drop the slide the gun would jam. The bottom of the slide was hitting the back of the feed lip and jamming.

Bought some Tripp mags and they seat easier and don't have the slide lock problem. They do pop out a live round sometimes when I drop a partially filled mag.

I have used Metalform 10 round 9mm mags since they have been available. I have purchased over 80 for myself and four others. All the mags work great and have no problems. We shoot both USPSA and PPC with the same mags. 26 minimum PPC matches and about 50 USPSA matches per year all winter in both PPC and USPSA it is ejecting unto concrete floors. That is about 5 years of use. No failures attributed to mags in that time.

Having said that we took 2 sets or complete mag replacements to get to this point. I bugged Metalform for the mags and got either pre-production or first production. They had some issues that were promptly and politely fixed as they occurred. Sense then no issues.

This are used in STI Trojan, Colt 1991A1, Springfield and a Colt 1911 all in 9MM. The mags work great in all of our guns.

Ed

USPSA NUMBER B16 look at the number single stack classifier scores. I know I suck as a shooter but I do it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I had issues with the Wilson Combat 10 rd ETM, so I'm trying Tripps in my new STI Trojan.

I did manage to have a couple of failure to feeds in the Tripps too.

I may have to call Dawson and have them make up some of theirs for me now.

I plan to shoot USPSA with it in Limited 10.