Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you wear your ar mag pouch?

I just want to check the concesnus as to how you guys wear your ar mag pouch for multi gun before I purchase one.

Do you guys wear it canted sideways or upright and why? Thank you

started off with rounds facing forward on my right hip (I'm a lefty) and decided pretty quickly that it's much easier with them facing backwards...easier to grip and rip the mag out of the carrier. if i have both on they sit around 3:30 and 5 o'clock on my hip/back

+1 on what Bryan 45 does.

Except for when I ran the 3GunNation classifier that required a reload from the belt, I had the mag in front of the left hip with the bullets up, facing forward. Grab it with a low grip and slide it straight up into the mag well. I used a steel mag for this one as the bottom of the Pmags wouldn't fit down into the mag pouch. Just a thought on another possible way to do a reload.

When I use one it's usually horizontal on the back I usually use a mag where no load is needed during a cof. If it is a mandatory classifier of the belt reload I run a 20 rounder bullets forward where my pistol mag usually is and index it like a pistol mag

Except for when I ran the 3GunNation classifier that required a reload from the belt, I had the mag in front of the left hip with the bullets up, facing forward. Grab it with a low grip and slide it straight up into the mag well. I used a steel mag for this one as the bottom of the Pmags wouldn't fit down into the mag pouch. Just a thought on another possible way to do a reload.

That is smart. And I think the HSGI Tacos would make it easy to carry a magazine basepad down. Furthermore, since all my equipment is on mini TMMS plates, all I would have to do is swap a magazine pouch onto one of my extra (rarely used) shotgun caddy positions.

The rest of the time, though, it is left kindey, upright, top down, bullets to the rear. Essentially, I figured that out by pulling a magazine out of the gun and just moving it towards my belt to see what position it ended up in naturally when it got to the mag pouch...

Wear a Blade Tech AR mag pouch over my left rear hip area but it depends on how many pistol and shotgun carriers I am having to carry. Bullets forward so I can grab the bottom, pull up and turn and shove right in the mag well.

I just want to check the concesnus as to how you guys wear your ar mag pouch for multi gun before I purchase one.

Do you guys wear it canted sideways or upright and why? Thank you

As you can see, there are many variations. Try them all to see which works best for you. I carry mine just in front of left hip bone(10 o' clock), angled back 45*, bullets facing down.

Am I the only weirdo that just uses a front pocket because it's faster? Mag down, bullets facing backwards.

I usually only reload when the stage has a mandatory setup. Otherwise a 30 or 60 rounder gets me through a stage just fine.

Using the front left pocket of my pants, the mag is generally directly inline with the magwell once the old mag is out, so all I have to do is swipe my weak hand forward towards my junk, grab the mag, flip the wrist naturally upwards on the way up, and boom- straight home into the magwell.

It's way less movement than having to reach back towards my kidney or even just to the side of my belt.

That is smart. And I think the HSGI Tacos would make it easy to carry a magazine basepad down. Furthermore, since all my equipment is on mini TMMS plates, all I would have to do is swap a magazine pouch onto one of my extra (rarely used) shotgun caddy positions.

So, there was a mandatory rifle reload from the belt on the standards style stage at Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge this weekend, and I set up exactly this way. I used a P-Mag 40 with a TTI +5 basepad, which gave me enough height above the mag pouch that a low grab let me insert the mag quickly while keeping my hand from banging into the Arredondo chute. It was the fastest belt reload I think I have ever done. :)

Im a south paw so on my right side about 4-5 o'clock and run it vertical bullets facing the rear. I dont trust a horizontal mag when I am running and I keep bullets facing rear because I use a beer can grip. Try different ways and see what one you like the most then practice with it.

• 2 weeks later...

If that's built like my bladetech glock mag pouches, then it's gonna hang suuuuuuuper far off of your belt. If you like to run on stages, I suspect it's gonna be a pretty floppy assembly.

I still suggest trying the pocket method against a shot timer. It's probably going to be faster and most pants include them for free!