Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHERE IS ALL THE POWDER

joedirt

I got bad news for you if you think powder is coming down much further. Unless the manufactures lower their prices its not gonna happen.( Yes I have access to invoices from Hodgdon and ATK) So when you go through that 4 year supply where do you think powder prices will be? midway is 29.49 on varget then shipping and hasmat. If you find powder you better buy it.

It depends. I have seen Varget locally for ~$25 a pound in 1 lb units and $180 for 8 lb units. Powder Valley has it for $23.25 and $165, respectively, when they get it. But, I'd generally say you won't see it for less than what Powder Valley sells it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never purchased from power valley, but I would have to assume they add shipping/hasmat fees to that. so then what is the final price? A lot also has to do with how long they have had that Varget, did they get it straight from Hodgdan or did they get it from a distributor. I think that prices may fall some but the guys sitting around waiting on " the good old days" are going to be disappointed.

I have never purchased from power valley, but I would have to assume they add shipping/hasmat fees to that. so then what is the final price? A lot also has to do with how long they have had that Varget, did they get it straight from Hodgdan or did they get it from a distributor. I think that prices may fall some but the guys sitting around waiting on " the good old days" are going to be disappointed.

Buying in quantity for online purchases is the way to go to offset shipping & hazmat.

Ex. Just bought 16lbs of HS6 (not really a big order) from Powder Valley and it came to around $20.80/lb with shipping/hazmat.

I wish I started in open. Would have saved heaps on guns.

They're investments!

Www.uplandsportsman.com

Introducing the Zero Interference Shotgun Sling, enjoy all day shotgun carrying comfort without a lighter gun.

I wish all the hoarders would quit hoarding so I can get my 5 year supply built back up ? Edited by TerryO

I paid under $30 per pound to my door for 8# of N320 from PV. That was about 4 months ago.

While I don't expect prices to be what they were prior to the panic, I was paying $16 for Clays at Alpine. If it stays at about $20 per pound, great. If they think I'll pay above $25, I'll continue to buy online.

Businesses have the right to excersise their use of capitalism. I have the right to spend my hard earned dollar where it goes the farthest. While I would prefer to support my LGS, I can't do so at the cost of my hobby.

8lb jugs anyone? $139.99 plus tax at my local place. 231 was $10 higher. They had TiteGroup, 700x, and a bunch of other Hodgdon powders. Was surprised that their shelves weren't completely full of Alliant stuff like they were prior to Christmas. Did notice powder did go up a couple bucks vs last fall prices. Primers also went up a couple bucks and LPP was sold out.

16443642962_89f45edb03_b.jpg
20150130_173827-1 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

I called yesterday and they said No problem.

I stand corrected, I just spoke to their shipping department at their primary location and they will ship hazmat, they got certified last year.