• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many ammo can be made out of 8lb bottle? 9mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's assume you are using 4.0gr of Titegroup (high end of the scale, as I usually run between 3.2-3.9 for 124gr/147gr bullets). 7000 grains in a pound, so that comes to 56K grains per 8lb container. Comes out to about 1750 rounds of 9mm per pound, or 14K per 8lb keg. Great value and bang for the buck.

Snagged 32lbs of Titegroup last week, combined with the 20lbs of N320 I already had..... I think it's safe to say I'm good for a bit :)

~g

There are best powders and available powders. There are also people without powder and some who stockpiled it before the great panic. The factory cartridge shortage seems to be slowly going away in my area. I expect the powder supply will start catching up after the shelves are full of factory ammo (factory ammo makes them more money).

In less than two years from now, there will be both a federal presidential election and a Senate election and either may change the balance of power (and powder). Hope for the best and as Tiny Tim said, "God bless us all, each and everyone."

I'll pass at those prices. I've accululated enough powder and primers to last me about 3-4 years at my current rate of consumption. I can hold off until supply is more readily available and the price come back down.

Someone else may be in a tight spot and have to pay those kinds of prices but I'm not going to continue to fuel the machine.

I got bad news for you if you think powder is coming down much further. Unless the manufactures lower their prices its not gonna happen.( Yes I have access to invoices from Hodgdon and ATK) So when you go through that 4 year supply where do you think powder prices will be? midway is 29.49 on varget then shipping and hasmat. If you find powder you better buy it.