Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any information on the Rimfire Challenge? I registered for it a few months ago and have received no information about this match: stages, round count, rules etc.. I have checked the rock3gun.com and both facebook pages but have had zero luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm actually thinking about patterning a few of my "social" shotgun loads (Federal 8 pellet 000 buck) in my match gun and see how it flies with IC and LM chokes. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend.

Don't the match rules say 9 pellet 00 buck max? My work filter won't let me go check for myself.

Surely they won't be painting between shooters so nobody will have a clue how many pellets you use. The 9 pellet rule is heard towards using buck on paper. 12 pellet is too easy and it destroys the target faster and is harder to tape.

A clarification would be nice though so I don't have to clean 20 email notifications out of my inbox each day.

The rules do specify a max of 9 pellets for 00 buck where 00 buck is allowed by the stage description. The ProAm rule set on 00 buck was written for paper tgts, Can't speak for any other rule set. We'll use the rule set as written. The intent on Stage 5 is to allow any lead shot load from #8s to 9 pellet 00buck on the 40 yd poppers only. The shooter makes his/her own choice. There had been some good info on this thread reguarding various loads.

So 12 pellet is good to go since it's smaller than 00, correct?

Yes, if it is a smaller diameter shot than 00Buck. wgj3 has it right by the current rules and stage description.

After watching Jesse's video basically *anything* will knock down the poppers........

Buy a box of flight control 00 Buck if your worried about the pattern be done with it.

Why bother trying to reinvent what works.....I to have tried to reinvent 3 gun stuff. It never works.... :yawn:

Edited by ToysRUs

Anyone coming up I-65 from the south, be advised:

A tanker truck crashed into an overpass just south of Nashville last night and exploded, damaging the overpass and the new one being built to replace it. As of now I'm pretty sure I-65 is shut down through there altogether, and it's going to take awhile to survey the damage and make sure it's safe to open the highway back up.

It's a traffic nightmare, and it might still be a nightmare next week... I'd at least check it out before you head to the Rock.

Anyone coming up I-65 from the south, be advised:

A tanker truck crashed into an overpass just south of Nashville last night and exploded, damaging the overpass and the new one being built to replace it. As of now I'm pretty sure I-65 is shut down through there altogether, and it's going to take awhile to survey the damage and make sure it's safe to open the highway back up.

It's a traffic nightmare, and it might still be a nightmare next week... I'd at least check it out before you head to the Rock.

What's the best way to check that out? Online somewhere maybe?

What's the best way to check that out? Online somewhere maybe?

All........I live just north of the wreck site. Its a mess. Go here for updates:

http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smartmap.htm?city=Nashville

The exit where this happened is the Peytonsville Road exit off of I 65; it impacts both north and south bound traffic. There are options around it but it will take longer using them.

I am looking for any info on the rimfire 2 gun match on AUG 20 and 21. Haven't seen anything on it since I signed up. Is it even still happening?!?!?!

Same here...I've contacted them multiple times and nothing.

Just a reminder not to use steel core or or bi-medal jacket rifle bullets. If a magnet sticks to the rifle bullet leave it at home. Every year somebody DQs for bi-medal rifle bullets. It would be great not to have that happen this year.

The prize table is looking fantastic. Have a look at the list of sponsors and please remember to support the venders that support our shooting sports.

Speaking of vendors- is there any info on who will be there selling?

Gamaliel Shooting supplies has a semi rig store and tent full of stuff.

I have a couple 100 $ of stuff waiting for me to pick up. Ammo, gear, shirts. etc.

If you need something special Call them on Monday and ask if it can be there.

Do the vendors sell before the match starts?

I have to put all my stuff in checked baggage after the UK version of the TSA tried to take it last year when it was in my carry on. I'm flying a route notorious for bags not arriving too.