Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

Anyone have a hotel/motel they recomend in the Bowling green area? I hope there are some rooms available. Any recomendations guys?

There are several in park city or is it cave city? We are at the sleep inn. Bowling green is quite a drive especially after hitting it hard at the after hours party at the rock.

Thanks I will check it out.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you leave the airport at nashville and go east on I 40, get off at the 1st Mt Juliet exit, there is a new Gander Mountain superstore thats only been open for a month or so. This store is loaded beyond belief.

If you order online ahead of time, they will pull it and hold it for you at the store. The place is friggin huge, and is loaded w inventory.There is a bass pro on briley parkway but its a PITA to deal with and get in and out of. Wally world, we all know the drill.FYI Gander has Winchester AA for 70 bucks a case after 20 dollar rebate, and 1K of 223 55 gr for 399 a case ( new brass ammo) There is a wally world across the highway from ganer mtn in mt juliet. Hope this helps. oh btw, the cops in TN know about Jesse as well....

Address: (Store #323)

66 Belinda Pkwy

Mount Juliet,TN 37122

615-773-0550

GPS Coordinates:

Latitude: 36.171106

Longitude: -86.505799

Store Hours:

Monday 9:00am - 9:00pm Tuesday 9:00am - 9:00pm Wednesday 9:00am - 9:00pm Thursday 9:00am - 9:00pm Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm Saturday 8:00am - 9:00pm Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm

Don't forget the Gander Mountain right on I-65 at exit 22 in Bowling Green.

Has anybody counted up the exact targets/ammo needed?

Pro stages ( based on one shot per steel and 2 on paper ) the MAXIMUM I am coming up with per gun is:

Pistol 217

Rifle 124

Shot 106

Buck 3

Slug 7

Yeah, that is before the occasional makeup shot or miss. The total round count is actually less given that most stages have either/or option on which gun you can use.

Anybody know of a place you can readily buy Winchester AA 1300 fps 7-8 shot between The Rock and Nashville?

Check with Gamaliel Shooter Supply, They are not exactly on your route into the Rock but they will likely be there as a vendor and may be making deliveries to the match.

Also there is a Bass Pro on Briley Pkwy near the Nashville airport and a Gander Mountain within sight of I -65 in Bowling Green. (a few months from now we will have a Cabelas in Bowling Green too)

Gamliel will be at the ProAm and are taking orders for delivery at the match.

Edited by GunCat

As far as lodging nearby, Ive contacted Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn in Cave City, which is 10 min from Rockcastle Shooting Center... They are $120-$125 a night... Then 8 more min up the road, Hampton Inn in Horse Cave is $119 a night... All of these are fairly close, and a little easier to get to than Bowling Green...

As far as lodging nearby, Ive contacted Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn in Cave City, which is 10 min from Rockcastle Shooting Center... They are $120-$125 a night... Then 8 more min up the road, Hampton Inn in Horse Cave is $119 a night... All of these are fairly close, and a little easier to get to than Bowling Green...

Wow! I booked my room in December when the rate (on my reservation) was $80/night. Looks like someone told the Sleep Inn there would be a crowd in town.

I wonder if the Wigwam Village has any vacancy? :goof:

Wow! I booked my room in December when the rate (on my reservation) was $80/night. Looks like someone told the Sleep Inn there would be a crowd in town.

I wonder if the Wigwam Village has any vacancy? :goof:

I screwed the pooch and thought I had a room reserved for the entire week. Went and looked for it today and couldn't find anything. I'm just glad I gotta room and don't have to sleep with Keith Garcia again! Edited by Jesse Tischauser

It's a little cheaper if you explore the discounts. Mine was 95 after.

What discounts? I looked for broke 3-gunner in the drop down menu but it still wasn't there.

The computer probably said "But your Jesse Tischauser.... You have your own sunglasses line...You don't need any stinking discounts" ... :)

Edited by BigLucky

It's a little cheaper if you explore the discounts. Mine was 95 after.

What discounts? I looked for broke 3-gunner in the drop down menu but it still wasn't there.

You have to call. They offer mil, USAA, AARP, and AAA from what I remeber. Everywhere I called did with the exception of USAA. Only a few took that.

Gary, it looks like you have 2 extra red dots at bays 3 and 4 without numbers.

And it looks like we may need to bring a 7 iron for stage P4!

We are not using 3 & 4 for stages. A proper use of a golf course is a multigun stage.