Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

Man, it shore(sp) would be nice to see a squad list and up to date matchbook... I'm awful antsy over here

You will not see a squad list until registration. Same as every other Pro-Am match. I had 12 new shooters (12 out & 12 in) today. There is no point in posting something that changes every hour. If you made squad requests, I honor them. period.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, I don't know you guys in person and would like to put faces to these handles. We should plan to meet at the lodge Thursday evening and come up with some sort of signal so we know we're all on this thread OR Dillen (EaZeNuTZ33) can bring a sign that reads "Free Beverage for Brian Enos's Forum Members" Any ideas?

Edited by kc9

Folks, I don't know you guys in person and would like to put faces to these handles. We should plan to meet at the lodge Thursday evening and come up with some sort of signal so we know we're all on this thread OR Dillen (EaZeNuTZ33) can bring a sign that reads "Free Beverage for Brian Enos's Forum Members" Any ideas?

I don't need ALL of you with hangovers.....just a few select shooters on the pro side. ;-)

Looks like the matchbooks on the website are still last year's versions? (at least the pro is). Will there be pre-printed books handed out at registration or will we need to print our own ahead of time(running out of time for that one)?

I don't need ALL of you with hangovers.....just a few select shooters on the pro side. ;-)

I saw the regional results. Youre gonna need a bunch of hangovers! :P

Sorry I keep getting messages here and on Facebook asking about round count.

Stages are on page 16 of this thread.

Has anybody counted up the exact targets/ammo needed?

Pro stages ( based on one shot per steel and 2 on paper ) the MAXIMUM I am coming up with per gun is:

Pistol 217

Rifle 124

Shot 106

Buck 3

Slug 7

Yeah, that is before the occasional makeup shot or miss. The total round count is actually less given that most stages have either/or option on which gun you can use.

Amateur match round counts (2 per paper, 1 per steel, any targets that are shooters choice counted in both)

180 pistol

84 rifle

92 shot

3 buckshot

6 slugs

Was the buckshot the 1145 fps stuff?

What shotgun?

Yes sir.

JM Pro 930. The only modification is a welded lifter. I've shot it the past two years with no other issues.

Two year old JM Pro??? She might be worn out! Just kidding, kind of. I'd agree with the above that it's probably a combination of being dirty and possibly a few light rounds. Low recoil Slugs and buck always seem to have a little variance to them from lot to lot even box to box. At 1145 fps you're on the low end of any semi auto guns reliability curve.

I saw the regional results. Youre gonna need a bunch of hangovers! :P

No kidding....I'm considering making some extra strong drinks to bring with me for some of you. What was the recipe for Sizurp again?

Was the buckshot the 1145 fps stuff?

What shotgun?

Yes sir.

JM Pro 930. The only modification is a welded lifter. I've shot it the past two years with no other issues.

Two year old JM Pro??? She might be worn out! Just kidding, kind of. I'd agree with the above that it's probably a combination of being dirty and possibly a few light rounds. Low recoil Slugs and buck always seem to have a little variance to them from lot to lot even box to box. At 1145 fps you're on the low end of any semi auto guns reliability curve.

Yeah, my 3 gun competition schedule has gone way down hill the past two years. This is literally the only 3 gun match I have shot for the past two years. Hence, why I sold my SLP and got the JM (I'm an FFL so I got the JM for cheap when it first came out). Of course, I always shoot the Knob Creek subgun matches, and those aren't cheap either, lol.

I will clean the gun today during lunch, and try to pick up some stouter buckshot loads as well. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, my 3 gun competition schedule has gone way down hill the past two years. This is literally the only 3 gun match I have shot for the past two years. Hence, why I sold my SLP and got the JM (I'm an FFL so I got the JM for cheap when it first came out). Of course, I always shoot the Knob Creek subgun matches, and those aren't cheap either, lol.

I will clean the gun today during lunch, and try to pick up some stouter buckshot loads as well. Thanks for the help!

If you need a new gas piston for the 930 for the match I have a brand new one you can use. I need it back for my duck hunting gun though.

This is Jeff, you should be squadded with me again this year.

Edited by darkvibe

Looks like the matchbooks on the website are still last year's versions? (at least the pro is). Will there be pre-printed books handed out at registration or will we need to print our own ahead of time(running out of time for that one)?

I do not believe that they will have pre-printed books for the match. You will have to check page 16 for the stages as this is the only place I could find them. I believe they usually load the website with stages right before the match and most just download them to their cellphones.

Stages are on the match web site and have been for a while (See Match Details)

IIRC The only thing the match booklet really adds is the squad matrix for stage/shooting times and perhaps the tentative times for other events such as dinner, awards, etc. That info will be available around the Lodge when you get there, just follow the crowd.

If you need a new gas piston for the 930 for the match I have a brand new one you can use. I need it back for my duck hunting gun though.

This is Jeff, you should be squadded with me again this year.

Thanks Jeff! Wes is having some issues as well, so one of us may take you up on that offer. You fellas have a safe trip down, and we'll see you soon!

I like this idea kc9.

Edited by Ryan N