Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate BUG gun?

1911aow

So the S&W BUG Nationals has just been concluded.

The gamer in me cant resist...

What would be the Ultimate BUG Gun to shoot in order to get the most competitive advantage?

I am looking at buying myself a smaller carry gun that will also fit in with BUG rules.

Im thinking:

SA 3.8 XDM

S&W M&P9c

S&W Shield (would prefer larger capacity)

Glock 26

CZ 75 Compact

What say you?

I don't see a weight limit in the rules, but I haven't finished my coffee yet :). I use my CZ P07 or a ruger LCR usually. I've also used my CZ 83 in 9x18. Gaming wise I'd think a 3inch k frame for similar for Revo, auto I'd stick with a CZ but that's personal preference. SA XDm 3.8 or S&W compact would seem good too.

8.2.6. Back Up gun (BUG)

8.2.6.2.1. Handguns permitted for use in BUG matches must:

8.2.6.2.1.1. Be single action, double action, double action only, or striker fired.

8.2.6.2.1.2. Be either semi-automatic or revolver.

8.2.6.2.1.3. Be a center fire caliber

8.2.6.2.1.4. Barrel length:

8.2.6.2.1.5. Semi-automatic: 3.8” or less.

8.2.6.2.1.6. Revolver: 3” or less.

8.2.6.3. BUG Permitted Modifications (Inclusive list):

8.2.6.3.1. All BUGs

- 38 -8.2.6.3.1.1. Storage locks may be disabled or removed.

8.2.6.3.1.2. Magazine disconnects may be disabled or removed.

8.2.6.3.1.3. Lasers that are incorporated into the firearm or sights are legal if they comply with all other division rules and the laser is not activated.

8.2.6.3.2. Revolvers:

8.2.6.3.2.1. Sights may be changed to another notch and post type.

8.2.6.3.2.2. Grips to another style or material that is similar to factory configuration.

8.2.6.3.2.3. Grip tape, skateboard tape, etc. may be used.

8.2.6.3.2.4. Action work to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained.

8.2.6.3.2.5. Bob hammer spur.

8.2.6.3.2.6. Chamfer cylinder.

8.2.6.3.2.7. Custom finishes.

8.2.6.3.3. Semi-Automatics:

8.2.6.3.3.1. Sights may be changed to another notch and post type.

8.2.6.3.3.2. Grips to another style or material that is similar to factory configuration.

8.2.6.3.3.3. Slip-on grip sock and/or grip tape, skateboard tape, etc.

8.2.6.3.3.4. Action work to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained.

8.2.6.3.3.5. Reliability work to enhance feeding and ejection.

8.2.6.3.3.6. Internal accuracy work to include replacement of barrel with one of factory configuration.

8.2.6.3.3.7. Cone style barrels with or without a barrel bushing are permitted.

8.2.6.3.3.8. Custom finishes.

8.2.6.4. BUG Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

Refer to Non-IDPA-Legal Modifications for ALL Divisions

I use an M&P 9c with an X-Grip and 17-round mag. I get a better grip with the full length mag. My 9c is one of the more accurate guns I own. That little gun SHOOTS!

After researching the rules this gun looks like a great option. What were the shooters at nationals unhappy about?

I use an M&P 9c with an X-Grip and 17-round mag. I get a better grip with the full length mag. My 9c is one of the more accurate guns I own. That little gun SHOOTS!

After researching the rules this gun looks like a great option. What were the shooters at nationals unhappy about?

That they didn't think to bring a gamer gun to a nationals game?

Ultimate in my opinion STI Tactical 3.0 in 9mm STI precision in a small frame.

Calibers 9×19, .40S&W, .45ACP Frame STI Modular Aluminum 2011® with Integral Tactical Rail Grips STI 2011® Glass Filled Polymer Modular (Black) Slide Unique 4140 Carbon Steel Slide Slide Features Unique with Front & Rear Cocking Serrations, Flat Top Trigger STI Long Curve Barrel 3.75” (9.52cm) STI Bull Barrel, Ramped, Fully Supported Hammer STI Square style Safeties STI High Rise Beavertail Grip Safety
Ambidextrous Thumb Safeties Guide Rod STI Recoil Master Sights STI Ramped Front
STI Ledge style Rear Overall Length 6.75” (17.14cm) Weight 30.1 oz (853.32g) Finish Slide Blued, Frame Cerakoted (Black) Competition Approval Pending Edited by tiger49931

Ultimate in my opinion STI Tactical 3.0 in 9mm STI precision in a small frame.

Calibers 9×19, .40S&W, .45ACP Frame STI Modular Aluminum 2011® with Integral Tactical Rail Grips STI 2011® Glass Filled Polymer Modular (Black) Slide Unique 4140 Carbon Steel Slide Slide Features Unique with Front & Rear Cocking Serrations, Flat Top Trigger STI Long Curve Barrel 3.75” (9.52cm) STI Bull Barrel, Ramped, Fully Supported Hammer STI Square style Safeties STI High Rise Beavertail Grip Safety

Ambidextrous Thumb Safeties Guide Rod STI Recoil Master Sights STI Ramped Front

STI Ledge style Rear Overall Length 6.75” (17.14cm) Weight 30.1 oz (853.32g) Finish Slide Blued, Frame Cerakoted (Black) Competition Approval Pending

this^^^^^^