Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

The user manual Revision History needs to be updated to list all of the fixes performed in every firmware release. Currently it only lists updates made for FW versions 3043 and 3070. If 3085 is a "CRITICAL UPDATE" then the documentation should reflect that.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The user manual Revision History needs to be updated to list all of the fixes performed in every firmware release. Currently it only lists updates made for FW versions 3043 and 3070. If 3085 is a "CRITICAL UPDATE" then the documentation should reflect that.

Noted and done.

Revision history was updated.

Thanks for pointing it out.

We have found in some rare occasions that the sound wafer inside the wrist add-on gone faulty. The problem was identified and we are working with the buzzer manufacturer to rectify this.

In these cases we swiftly replace those faulty timers for our customers at no charge.

Here is how to troubleshoot a buzzer failure:

- Ensure that your SHOTMAXX is fully charged (3-4 hours of charge time)

- Ensure Beep Type is set to either 1 or 2

- Always run the latest firmware (http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/)

- Reflash the unit anyway

Thanks,

Eli.

I think I've got one of the bad sound wafers. Mine is only a couple weeks old, white face model. Dry fire practice and the beep started to buzz. If I hold it at a different angle the buzz changes tone a little...very mechanical sounding.

Eli, I'll send you an email to see if those symptoms match what you know.

We have found in some rare occasions that the sound wafer inside the wrist add-on gone faulty. The problem was identified and we are working with the buzzer manufacturer to rectify this.

In these cases we swiftly replace those faulty timers for our customers at no charge.

Here is how to troubleshoot a buzzer failure:

- Ensure that your SHOTMAXX is fully charged (3-4 hours of charge time)

- Ensure Beep Type is set to either 1 or 2

- Always run the latest firmware (http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/)

- Reflash the unit anyway

Thanks,

Eli.

I think I've got one of the bad sound wafers. Mine is only a couple weeks old, white face model. Dry fire practice and the beep started to buzz. If I hold it at a different angle the buzz changes tone a little...very mechanical sounding.

Eli, I'll send you an email to see if those symptoms match what you know.

I understand you got it sorted out?

Thanks,

Eli.

Yes, you beat me to the punch getting back on the forum. The battery was at 68% when it exhibited the buzz issue. I charged it overnight and it was back to normal, so not a hardware issue.

That said, I tried updating to the new firmware on my Macbook tonight but it isn't working (gets about halfway thru installing the text file and stops). I'll try again on my PC at work tomorrow (I had success updating the firmware with the PC when I first got the SM a few weeks ago).

UPDATE: my fault on the firmware update not working on my macbook, i didn't see the "_MACOSX" folder in the .zip file. I did successfully update it on my work PC though!

Thanks again for your top notch customer support! First product I've bought that has a near direct link back to the dev team...

Edited by IronicTwitch

Eli,

I used the new iOS version of ShotMaxx Trainer along with the latest firmware on the ShotMaxx timer today... much, much improved. Easy to connect, easy to use. I still have suggestions if you're looking, but all in all it is much improved, a pleasure to use and I think will help me shoot better.

Thanks,

Bill

Eli,

I used the new iOS version of ShotMaxx Trainer along with the latest firmware on the ShotMaxx timer today... much, much improved. Easy to connect, easy to use. I still have suggestions if you're looking, but all in all it is much improved, a pleasure to use and I think will help me shoot better.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sure, shoot me an email with your thoughts.

eli@doublealpha.biz

Thanks,

Eli.

Does anyone have any comments on what screen is easier to see in bright sunlight and dimly lit ranges? I live in Florida so its either sunny beyond belief or im living in a dank, dark indoor range. :)

Does anyone have any comments on what screen is easier to see in bright sunlight and dimly lit ranges? I live in Florida so its either sunny beyond belief or im living in a dank, dark indoor range. :)

The white background is the same segmented LCD technology as most digital watches. I've used it on the outdoor range while wearing dark sunglasses, at the indoor range (pretty well lit), and in my basement dry firing. No issues or complaints in any conditions.

The white background model does have a illuminate button that turns the background black and font white for about 5-6 seconds if viewed in darker conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

The ShotMaxx Trainer app for iOS and Android are now available (v1.2.4 and 1.2.7 respectively)

What's new:
- REQUIRES ShotMaxx firmware v3085 or greater.
- Added new Batch mode, for batch capturing without scoring.
- Added IDPA support. Drills will have a type of IPSC (USPSA) or IDPA.
- Repetitions Calculators will now remember values for a repetition.
- Disallow changing drill parameters once they are part of a session to prevent bad scoring.

I just got my timer today and here is my first suggestions.

Allow setting the amount of shots per target like this drill. http://pistol-training.com/drills/1-2-r-3 Right now you can only set the amount of shots for all targets in the drill.

It would also be nice to have the ability to have Par times for IDPA.

Edited by EdwinG

The app could really benefit from aggregate scoring. It's already been stated but I had to mention it again. Individual drill times recorded, yet scoring for all of those drills just ran.

Not every drill warrants taping the targets each pass to gauge over all performance.

If I am overlooking the ability to do so, excuse my ignorance! Point me in the right direction. Much appreciated! Thanks

Edited by JaeOne3345

That is what the new "Batch" mode is for. You just shoot and it records repetitions w/o needing to score. You can go back and add in a score for each repetition if you want, but not required. DAA added the new "SEnd" mode for us that allows you to either send the "Last Shot / Number of Shots" or "ALL" shots when you press the REV button. You need to set "SEnd" to "ALL". Then in the repetition screen tap on "Batch".

The app could really benefit from aggregate scoring. It's already been stated but I had to mention it again. Individual drill times recorded, yet scoring for all of those drills just ran.

Not every drill warrants taping the targets each pass to gauge over all performance.

If I am overlooking the ability to do so, excuse my ignorance! Point me in the right direction. Much appreciated! Thanks

I got the Shotmaxx a week ago. This is my only timer, and I am extremely happy with it. I have used it extensively as a par timer for dry fire. So far, I have only used it once at an indoor range but it picked up all my shots accurately even when there were 6 other people shooting around me. Got an IDPA match tonight, so I'm going to try to Spy function for the first time.

FYI.... I had a small problem with the Shotmaxx yesterday (similar to what Ironic noted above), and got immediate assistance from Eli via email. Turns out it just needed to be charged

Just received mine yesterday from Shooters Connection. This thing is fantastic and really convenient having it on your wrist. Shot a few rounds comparing it to my full size timer in spy mode, pretty close! Need to play with the other features today.

Still haven't been able to connect it with my Windows 7 PC yet it says it can't find the device. I'll have to work on that some more today.