Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

Thought I should update my last post... You got to get them drivers installed!

Evidently my computer didn't get the driver installed correctly during my initial setup but once I got that figured out flashing my ShotMaxx ran like a champ. Ran the ShotMaxx against my P.A.C.T. timer with Spy mode activated and once I got my reaction time dialed in, it was right on the money. This is so much more convenient wearing a small timer like this on your wrist rather than a full size one on your belt.

Wasn't any matches around me this past weekend but it will get a workout this coming weekend. I just purchased the ShotMaxx Trainer today and looking forward to working with it later in the week. I think this will be a great tool to track your progress with, plus it beats writing it down someplace and then not being able to find it later.

Overall I have been real pleased.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the SM Trainer App during a short practice session the other day too.

Now that the bluetooth is working correctly it worked well and was really cool and will be a great way for me to track progress on standard drills.

I love the ShotMaxx. Yes, this is the one to get if you are new. If only for the simple reason that it is on your wrist and should stay there. I have lost a half a dozen timers over the years-end up in somebody's else's bag, get left at range, stolen by my friends :) or just lost 'cause they are small. Just using it for practice, little bit of learning curve, but awesome for basic drills, and using par times. Great timer. Learning the Trainer app today.

I will get home late tonight and it will be too late to call customer service, so

Where/how do I update firmware on a new Shotmaxx timer?

Here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/

Make sure you read the manual to avoid some questions later :)

Thank you all for the comments, really nice to hear that you guys are enjoying the SHOTMAXX. See you at the WS.

Worked a little with the ShotMaxx Trainer yesterday. There were a couple of times the shots didn't transfer from the ShotMaxx to my iPhons 5s. I'm guessing my iPhone wasn't ready, is there a way to send the data again? Other than that it sure beats having to write everything down and then try to interpret what you wrote later.

I'll get a chance to try the ShotMaxx this weekend on both a Steel Challenge match Saturday and USPSA on Sunday. Don't get much better than that on a weekend!

Worked a little with the ShotMaxx Trainer yesterday. There were a couple of times the shots didn't transfer from the ShotMaxx to my iPhons 5s. I'm guessing my iPhone wasn't ready, is there a way to send the data again? Other than that it sure beats having to write everything down and then try to interpret what you wrote later.

I'll get a chance to try the ShotMaxx this weekend on both a Steel Challenge match Saturday and USPSA on Sunday. Don't get much better than that on a weekend!

Data can be resent by holding the Rev button for approx. 1 sec. It will then resend either the last shot or the entire string of fire depending on the settings you opted for.

Data can be resent by holding the Rev button for approx. 1 sec. It will then resend either the last shot or the entire string of fire depending on the settings you opted for.

That's interesting... I'm hearing a beep on the ShotMaxx but not seeing the data on the iPhone. If I continue holding the send button down on the ShotMaxx the ShotMaxx continues to beep about every second but still no data transferring. I'll have to experiment with it a little more, probably doing something wrong.

UPDATE: It was something I was doing wrong. Unpaired the two shut Bluetooth down on both, turned Bluetooth back on to the ShotMaxx simulated a couple of shots and hit REV button. I then went and paired my iPhone to the ShotMaxx and hit the REV button and it went this time, in fact it would send each time I held the REV button so something was out of sync the first time I tried.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Cowboy1629

Ok, so let's say I'm doing 4 Aces drills. I have the drill set up in my Shotmaxx App. How do I specifically load 4 Aces into that section of my App?

Like how do you enter the score? either you figure out in your head that it is 20 points or you hit the little button at the bottom of the screen that brings up the A,B,C,D,M boxes for each target.

Maybe I was not clear, yep I'm new to all of this

I'm not worried about hits, just BT'ing my times on specific drills to the corresponding Drills I set up in my Shotmaxx App.

And.... Will it import multiple strings, or just one at a time? I suspect one at a time

It will do batches of strings. Each time you press review it'll send the data for that run to the phone. When you are all done, you will see all of the runs/shot times for those different runs.

Try the batch function.

Thanks

And how do I get them to go into the specific drills ( for example 7 yard 4 Aces) on my App?

• 4 weeks later...

OK, here's one for anyone. My shot timer went dead (battery charge). I've plugged it in to an outlet. After a while the numbers show, but when I pick it up the screen goes blank.

When I plug it into my computer to try and reflash it, the shotmaxx program doesn't see the shotmaxx as connected.

Any suggestions?