Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice after my last shot, my SM displays at the bottom my first split and the no. of my last shot. I suppose it should be the last split and the no. of my last shot? To see my last split I had to repeatedly click the REV until I reach the last no. of shot.

They do it that way so you can basically see your time from draw to the first shot. or rather from buzzer to first shot including your draw time. so it shows first shot, and the total number of shots. Typically there is nothing 'special' about the last split. so they show the first shot time. most timers are the same if they have enough display to put all that info up at once.

A couple days ago I was using the SM with my Iphone and received a call.

I answered the call and a few seconds later my call was terminated with a beep and the SM was now disconnected from the phone.

The BT on the phone said that SM was still connected but the app said it was not.

I had to reset BT on the phone and restart the Trainer app.

When you set it to use the accellerometer, does it use both accelleromater AND microphone (sort of to verify each other?) I could swear I had this set to accellerometer and it was picking up my show clear and holster as shots...but I could be remembering incorrectly.

I couldn't make accel mode work reliable with drills involving magazine change. It was registering magazine insertion as one or more extra shots, which made it practically impossible to measure the reload time.

Is there any way to increase the minimum time to beep for the random start on the shotmaxx. Sometimes I feel like I am rushing to get my hands back in a normal start position after pushing the button on the timer

I couldn't make accel mode work reliable with drills involving magazine change. It was registering magazine insertion as one or more extra shots, which made it practically impossible to measure the reload time.

Make sure you run Sense Min when using Acc. That should do the trick.

When you set it to use the accellerometer, does it use both accelleromater AND microphone (sort of to verify each other?) I could swear I had this set to accellerometer and it was picking up my show clear and holster as shots...but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Make sure you run Sense = Min when using Acc in large bore (handguns).