Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DD alpha ShotMaxx Timer

Ken_Bird

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - is there a way to just go out and shoot and have the Shotmaxx App record all of my strings, same as the 7000 and 7000Pro do (7000 only keeps 10 strings, but 7000Pro keeps 100?)

I messed with it yesterday and it seemed like an awful lot of setup was required just to get my strings recorded - setup a shooter, setup a session, setup each drill, enter in my points on each drill after running it...I'd like to just turn the app on, shoot my drills, and then have a bunch of strings recorded that I can look through. I don't need to have a description of each drill and score for each run, just the raw shot times for each string.

If you really don't care about the drill setup or point, just setup a Drill called "Drill" and assign whatever points you want to it. Then create a Session and assign one Shooter and the one Drill. Then in the Repetitions screen, just add a repetition and shoot it. If you want all the shot times, you will need to press the Rev+Light to resend all the shots. Put any number in the Points and Save. Hit the + to add another and repeat. It's really very easy to do that and cannot be any simpler.

You really cannot. When you press the Rev button it will send out the "Last Shot / Number of Shots". When you then Press Rev+Light, it has to Replace it with those instead. If it were to create a new entry every time, you would have double the amount of repetitions. Second, this would not do you any good as "training" as you have no idea of you shot all Alpha's or if you missed half your shots when you go back and look at it. You might have shot a Bill Drill in 1.20 seconds, but missed 1/2 the shots and unless you recorded that, you might not remember that weeks later. Third, due to radio interference, the shot strings may be incorrect, so you might think you were capturing the correct times, but without looking at them, they could be completely wrong as each "shot" is sent as a "differential" time in order to make it transmit faster. Those shots should be retransmitted by pressing the Rev+Light button again to replace the incorrectly recorded shots.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just explaining the problems with what you are asking. There are limitations due to the way the SM works in sending times. The app was designed by the experts at Double Alpha and I think they came up with a great concept on how to train and improve. We have listened to customers, alway have, and will even have user requested features in the next version (v1.2), but we cannot implement every single feature that every single person wants. I like to try and explain why things can't always work the way that people want instead of just saying "no", or ignoring them completely.

I like the app, it works well.

I will say that it is hard for people that don't write software or deal with software, hardware integration to understand the limitations on the way you can make software and hardware interact.

Notice there are very few people complaining about a great tool (the SM) and a nice piece of software to make that tool work better. I took mine to a match, set the stages up before the match, it took 10 minutes or so. Then dumped the SM into the app and put in the score. SWEET!

I like the app, it works well.

I will say that it is hard for people that don't write software or deal with software, hardware integration to understand the limitations on the way you can make software and hardware interact.

Notice there are very few people complaining about a great tool (the SM) and a nice piece of software to make that tool work better. I took mine to a match, set the stages up before the match, it took 10 minutes or so. Then dumped the SM into the app and put in the score. SWEET!

Thank you ktm. :D

I used to write software. The main complaints aren't about hardware integration at all. They are human factors engineering complaints. Being able to accomplish a task in the least clicks possible would benefit everyone.

I haven't even mentioned how buggy I find the app to be because someone will just say my brand new phone flagship phone needs to be rebooted 10 more times to work with the bluetooth.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll revisit the app after a few updates. As of right now it takes longer to use it than it would to just write everything down in a notebook.

I notice after my last shot, my SM displays at the bottom my first split and the no. of my last shot. I suppose it should be the last split and the no. of my last shot? To see my last split I had to repeatedly click the REV until I reach the last no. of shot.

ShotMaxx Trainer iOS and Android v1.2 is now available. By user request -- import and export of Drills and descriptions.

What's new in version 1.2:
- Fixed decimal localization for input and display.
- Added drill descriptions.
- Added drill import/export.

We have setup a "Drills" section on our Forums. We would appreciate any uploaded Drills!

http://on-core.com/forums/index.php/board,35.0.html (Please note that you do have to Register to upload and download files).

Edited by AdamM

I notice after my last shot, my SM displays at the bottom my first split and the no. of my last shot. I suppose it should be the last split and the no. of my last shot? To see my last split I had to repeatedly click the REV until I reach the last no. of shot.

Yes, it displays OK. It shows you the first shot and the total number of shots fired. If you want to see your last split, you need to scroll to the last shot.

The most important times are:

last shot - you see that at the top

first shot - at the bottom

number of shots - at the bottom too.

I understand that you might want to see the last split, but there is simply not enough room to show it on the same screen. You can however send the entire string to the SM Trainer app and you will see the splits on screen (from version 1.2 onwards).

Thanks,

Eli.

Sweet! Bug dixes!

Does anyone else wish the random delay start would take just a little bit longer to start? Sometimes I am not back into my ready position before it goes off.

Yeah me too. It would be cool if there was a configurable minimum time for the random setting. Another thing which I also asked Saul about this weekend: for dry fire at home, a configurable beep volume would be helpful. If the beep can be set to a much softer volume, training at night will be less annoying.

Edited by Daan

Sweet! Bug dixes!

Does anyone else wish the random delay start would take just a little bit longer to start? Sometimes I am not back into my ready position before it goes off.

This was also addressed. Sorry, forgot to mention. It is now between 2 and 5 seconds (previously 1 to 5sec).