Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Revo equipment rules vote is this week

Carmoney

Or you could have two divisions with one shooting,

The last time I shot rev.in a match was at HOP's match in Memphis 2011,I also e-mailed Linda and got the same response pbosik did.So I can see why she voted the way she did...

Shot the North Carolina sectional this week end and I think there were 5 rev.shooters .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a note to my area director asking him to vote for it. That said, I will continue to compete with my 625 until they won't let me anymore, and then I'll switch to Single Stack.

ETA - got a quick response; they voted last night. Should be public knowledge today.

Edited by Trebor Snave

make it a separate 6+ division.

This. I always liked the idea of opening a new 6+ revolver division instead of lumping the 7 and 8s into the current division.

Nope. If there were to be a new revo division, it should be open revo. Bottom feeders have an option to use optics when their eyes get weak. Revo doesn't have that option unless you shoot ICORE.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong folks, I don't have all the answers here for one or two divisions. I like the idea of keeping one six major and the other open. But, two divisions might stretch things out too thin. On the other hand, keeping one division might result in some regulars heading out to another division. Or, bringing in 8 minor might increase revo participation. It's just a see what happens type deal. Guess we'll find out the direction soon.

I will continue to compete with my 625 until they won't let me anymore, and then I'll switch to Single Stack.

Nothing in the proposed change would prevent you from continuing to compete in Revolver Division with your 625.

Shot the North Carolina sectional this week end and I think there were 5 rev.shooters .

That stinks. I was going to shoot the NC sectional, and I kept watching the squadding to see if there were going to be a couple of revolvers there. I wasn't going to drive out and plunk down the dough if it was just me. And it looked like that is how it was going to be. When the section coordinator posted that there were only a few slots open I checked again. No change. I emailed him twice, perhaps some of the RO's were shooting revolver. I finally got a response that said No Revolver shooters were signed up, so I didn't shoot it. I sure was surprised when I saw 5 revo shooters..

Steve

It looks like 8 shot minor is approved ???

From the minutes of the 8 October 2013 BOD phone in meeting:

Revolver Division

Motion: To approve the proposed rule change to amend the Revolver

Division to allow 8-shot revolvers provided they are scored as minor power

factor

Moved: Pres Seconded A7 Passed

Roll Call requested

YES – A1, A2, A3, A4, A7, Pres

NO – A5, A6, A8

It looks like 8 shot minor is approved ???

From the minutes of the 8 October 2013 BOD phone in meeting:

Revolver Division

Motion: To approve the proposed rule change to amend the Revolver

Division to allow 8-shot revolvers provided they are scored as minor power

factor

Moved: Pres Seconded A7 Passed

Roll Call requested

YES A1, A2, A3, A4, A7, Pres

NO A5, A6, A8

That's interesting that 66 people contacted Linda to weigh in on this issue, but only 5 people bothered to shoot Revolver at the 2013 Area 6 Championship under the current equipment rules.

Well, I'd be one of them. I shoot revolver and I am in Area 6. But I don't mess with the major matches because usually there is not enough revo shooters to make it worth my while. I know, if everyone waited for the others to sign up where would we be? And while I can happliy shoot my 625 at club matches, if I do find a major match in my area with at least four shooters, then I really don't think I will be competitive unless I buy another gun. I think that a good shooter with 8 minor is going to smoke the 6 major shooters. I amy be wrong. I've been reading the posts on the pro's and con's and the tests that some are doing. Imagine having to avoid a standing reload or being able to make up a D or M without being forced into another reload? That's huge IMO. More reason not to shoot major matches I suppose.

http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20131009.pdf

I do not see anything in the discussion about what they are doing with the classfiers that have more then 6 rounds ( 8 round classifiers )

Looks like we'll have a giant influx of revolver grand masters by the end of the month.

The new rule book, and division change (Revo-8) will start on Feb. 01, 2014.

We have another meeting in December, where we will deal with the classifiers.

http://www.uspsa.org/bodminutes/20131009.pdf

I do not see anything in the discussion about what they are doing with the classfiers that have more then 6 rounds ( 8 round classifiers )

Looks like we'll have a giant influx of revolver grand masters by the end of the month.

There was no reason to deal with the classifiers until the division was voted in. Now that it has been we have almost four months to figure out which ones need to be shelved or adjusted (and Kyle already has a list). It's not that difficult of a fix.

Last year I went to the Revo Nats with a 6 shot, this year I'll probably take my 8 shot just to do something different. At local matches I'll probably switch back and forth. Area 3? probably Limited after the last 2 done by Sherwyn!!!

My bigger question is what about those intrepid souls who show up with a 7 shot? Major?

Edited by pskys2