Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Revo equipment rules vote is this week

Carmoney

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is a done deal ? I thought it was talked about to be probationary ? (if that's the right word)

I read the pdf minutes and it sounds like that's the case, am I missing something ?

I think it's permanent. They can only make a new division provisional. They would have to make a change to the bylaws to make a change to a division provisional:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178713&p=1976751

So glad it passed and I can use my new 627 in both Revolver and Production divisions. :)

I can't use my 627 in Prod. It has a bobbed hammer and extended cylinder release.

And Production has holster restrictions. If you want another Division to shoot in L10 is probably the better fit.

Edit: Is there L10 in Canada?

Edited by Tom E

The rule was to prevent LEOs or Military from going to, say New York and smoking everyone with big sticks in Open because everyone else is limited to 10.

Was this a problem? Also I fear the board may be out of touch with the reality on the ground.
I wouldn't say it's been a problem, but the issue or at least the question has come up a couple times. It's been dealt with as a "club rule" which of course has questionable authority. Edited by cas

So this is a done deal ? I thought it was talked about to be probationary ? (if that's the right word)

I read the pdf minutes and it sounds like that's the case, am I missing something ?

I think it's permanent. They can only make a new division provisional. They would have to make a change to the bylaws to make a change to a division provisional:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178713&p=1976751

Aah, I guess I missed that part !

Guess I'll have to change my alias to "38mediumDave", and maybe my search for a new 610.

This is perfect, I bought a 625 to shoot idpa (only way I can handle restrictive nature of it) and steel with, then immediately realized how fun revolvers are and found a 327 to keep it company and now this. Guess I'm shooting twice at local matches when they allow it.