Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Revo equipment rules vote is this week

Carmoney

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is beyond me why anybody would put themselves through the torture of shooting a 32 round stage with a revolver, I hope all you revo guys get what you are looking for from USPSA and that the division flourishes!

While it is beyond me why anybody would put themselves through the torture of shooting a 32 round stage with a revolver, I hope all you revo guys get what you are looking for from USPSA and that the division flourishes!

Maybe its just me, but one of the biggest reasons I started shooting USPSA (IDPA, 3-gun, mulit-gun and similar competition) competition was because it was one of the few firearms related sports where reloads are an integral part of your score. Started in 2005 and have shot Limited-10, Revolver, and Production almost exclusively. I love big stages with lots of reloads. I always feel bad for the Open guys that usually only have to reload once at most even on the long courses of fire.

As for 8-shot minor I am all for it and will be letting my AD know again. Thanks for the heads-up Carmoney.

Bamboo

The new AD starts Jan. 1 Linda still is AD until then.

Hopalong

Thanks! I didn't know when it took effect.

Email already sent, so I hope Mr. Corn has a good sense of humor! ;)

8 goes into 32 real nice. Only 3 reloads.

I emailed Linda yesterday, and she responded back. She said that between nov 2012 -jun 2013, 38 uspsa members contacted her most of which were active revo shooters, they all opposed 8 minor , so she opposed it. Since the 28 more have contacted her, and only 10 ( including myself) have wanted 8 minor approved. So with that, she will vote no on the 8 minor. So, anyone wanting a yes vote from her, had better act fast. I have not been a revo shooter, but am planning on shooting it after jan 2014. My plans are to try 8 minor. I do hope this passes.

I don't understand why any revo shooters oppose this. It seems that the difficulty in reloading 8 and minor scoring will offset for most people, any advantage over 6 major. But, at the same time, may grow the division. Without growth , it eventually, will die a slow death, imho. My main interest in 8 minor is less recoil along with 8shot arrays seems challenging. As, I stated before, I have yet to shoot revo, so I don't know if I will like it or not. Just saying 8 minor is what attracted me to revo.

I just sent an e-mail to Linda to ask for her yes vote & make it a separate 6+ division. We have 2 evening matches every week where there are 40_50 shooters.There are 3 or 4 of us that only shoot revolvers, and others that have said to me that they would like to try their 7 or 8 shot gun with other revolvers, but not in another division. Last night there were 2 of us shooting revolver, & 1 in limited 10, if that means anything. Pete

make it a separate 6+ division.

This. I always liked the idea of opening a new 6+ revolver division instead of lumping the 7 and 8s into the current division.

Nope. If there were to be a new revo division, it should be open revo. Bottom feeders have an option to use optics when their eyes get weak. Revo doesn't have that option unless you shoot ICORE.

make it a separate 6+ division.

This. I always liked the idea of opening a new 6+ revolver division instead of lumping the 7 and 8s into the current division.

So you could have 2 divisions with 3 shooters in each instead of 1 division with 6?

The question is if we're going to have 8 minor included in the Revolver Division. There is no way there's enough revolver participation to have "another" Revolver Division. If this doesn't pass and things stay as they are I would bet the next vote the Board has concerning Revolver Division will be eliminating it due to lack of participation.