Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you leave your red dot on for the entire match?

Sarge

Reading a recent thread on the subject got me to thinking about it. I turn mine off after each stage but it does seem like a lot of wear and tear on the switch? Then again I only put new batteries in once a year and they are still fine when I toss them out.

I switch mine off between stages but i have a real on /off switch on my Cmore and i can leave the rheostat in the same position .

I had to make that switch because i replaced the reostat because the old one was broken and could not find a new one with a off position .

Edited by Tino2212

I have Aimpoints on my rifle and shotgun that I never turn off, so I usually forget to turn off the cmore on my pistol as well. So I go through a battery / dry firing session and usually need a new one before each match :)

Leave it on for the same reason you disable a grip safety, if you don't it will at some point get you.

Not if you develop a ritual. You do the same things every time, and you won't forget to turn it on.

Personally, I always turn it on after the RO gives the "make ready" command, but before I remove the gun from the holster. I always turn it off after the gun in in the holster and the RO has given the "range is clear" command.

Grip safety is a different issue. That all depends on your grip at any single moment, so it's comparing apples to oranges IMO.

Edited by Parallax3D

I turn mine off between stages. That way when I get up into the box on the next stage to make ready, I turn it on and make sure it's "ON". Nothing worse than starting a stage with the dot off. Been there, done that.

+1 my first stage with an Open gun I shot the first 6 targets without the dot as I tried reaching over with my left hand to turn it on! :eatdrink:

If you are needing batteries more than once it twice a year, you probably need a new module. A bad one will eat batteries quickly.

I turn mine off. Always have. I have shot only one stage with it off though. It was raining and I was making ready really quickly is as not to get water on the lens. Normal make ready procedure, never forget it.

I have shot stages with the dot off on purpose though. Dean Makkos taught me that. On a hoser stage, the dot slows me down. Brown in the round and hose!