Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They appear to be out of stock at the moment from EAA:

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfolio/witness/grips/large-frame-fullsize-plastic-grips.html

But these are in stock and appear to be the same (I don't know for sure):

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfolio/witness/grips/40-fullsize-grips-plastic-300040-40.html

Maybe the second ones are for small frame?

Hi all, first post here and hoping someone can help. Could anyone provide the dimensions for Henning or CZCustom extended base pads to fit the smallframe 9mm mags? Ideally inside and out as well as the cuts. I can't import them at present so am going to need to make a couple.

I'm currently running a custom BUL Cherokee (built on a tanfoglio force frame I believe) in open and want to extend some standard 16/17 round tanfoglio mags to ~20/21 rounds. Can post a pic later if anyone is interested.

Found a pic on my phone, hopefully this upload works. It was built for steel challenge so everything is lightened way down. Means I play in open with minor only. Only had it a couple of months now.

Still waiting for my stock 3 xtreme to arrive (hopefully next month!)

post-55300-141472427175_thumb.jpg

Thanks atlas, it runs very well, no malfunctions or hiccups yet. Trigger is converted to sa and extremely light, egw hammer, firing pin etc. Was interesting moving from a 75b to this. I'm still looking forward to the stock 3 xtreme though as I ordered it Aug/sept last year.

I'm picking up a 9mm match elite from atlas. In trying to decide what mods I should have him do. Right now I'm thinking fiber front sight, trigger job, 22 conversion, maybe a mag well. Any mods I should think of for big hands?

Anyone have pics of a factory mag well on a match elite?

Edited by hondakilla98

I'm picking up a 9mm match elite from atlas. In trying to decide what mods I should have him do. Right now I'm thinking fiber front sight, trigger job, 22 conversion, maybe a mag well. Any mods I should think of for big hands?

FYI there is no factory magwell that fits Match model.

Only one that I know of is from canyon creek

They appear to be out of stock at the moment from EAA:

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfolio/witness/grips/large-frame-fullsize-plastic-grips.html

But these are in stock and appear to be the same (I don't know for sure):

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfolio/witness/grips/40-fullsize-grips-plastic-300040-40.html

Maybe the second ones are for small frame?

Does anyone have an answer on this? I'd like to know as well so that I can stipple these bad boys...

FYI there is no factory magwell that fits Match model.

Only one that I know of is from canyon creek

I'm going off what atlas told me. I didn't ask what was involved in making them fit.

Hey y'all,

Winter Texan /summer Canadian here with a Tanfoglio update.

My second Tanfoglio was deliberately purchased as a project gun. I wanted to start with a good base and improve it close to Xtreme standards as a partner to my Xtreme Limited Custom. I chose a 9mm Limited Pro in blue thinking I may someday get it refinished in a colour combo of my choice.

My first pass at the project was to learn how to disassemble the pistol and polish the appropriate components. I did this with help from our friend Mr. Atlas and his references. On this pass I also installed most of the Xtreme parts including: the hammer, firing pin, guide rod, firing pin spring and hammer spring.

The results were clearly worth the effort and expense as the gun changed for the better in a big way. The DA trigger was lighter and smoother but still had noticeable staking. The reset was much improved as was the SA trigger.

My second pass involved more aggressive polishing and the installation of the Xtreme trigger, a fiber optic front sight, a reduced powered plunger spring,a reduced power recoil spring at 8# and the EG grips . Everything improved incrementally but most noticeable is the absence of stacking

All of this was helped considerably by forum members and notably R. Elliott who is my resident guru and mentor back home in Canada. Thanks to all!!

The gun is now as close to perfect as I can make it and I'm delighted and a Tanfo fanboy for sure. Between the two guns I expect to have a fun season shooting with my Texan buddies during the winter. Here is a picture that is almost current.

TanfoglioTwo300_zpscb88577e.jpg

The gun is now as close to perfect as I can make it and I'm delighted and a Tanfo fanboy for sure. Between the two guns I expect to have a fun season shooting with my Texan buddies during the winter. Here is a picture that is almost current.

TanfoglioTwo300_zpscb88577e.jpg

Very nice!!!

I don't think I would have attempted what I did without the information and help I got here. I've done a small amount of work on other brands of firearms but nothing close to this. I haven't been around guns for very long and likely learned more about the 1911 than anything else although I got some nice results by installing a kit on a SIG P-226.

The Tanfoglios don't get nearly the amount of attention they earn in terms of "play" value. On top of that you can really improve the more basic pistols as I did and get a fine gun for the effort. My interests are exclusively the games and I compete as often as I can year round in both Canada and here in Texas. Of course there are other guns that are top performers but for many shooters the Tanfo represents a very good value.

We are very fortunate to have an excellent importer distributor in Canada in Freedom Ventures out of Nova Scotia. The owner is also a very competent IPSC shooter and so represents us from an informed position as he is also prominent in IPSC. The only fly in the ointment is the time it takes to get product. One of the reasons I bought the Limited Pro was that it was in stock. I waited months for the LC.