Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The brass would either catch sideways and pinch between the breach face and barrel or catch the same way long ways. Almost like a duble feed but with a spent casing. It was a box of precision cartridge inc 115 loaded in starline supercomp brass. I pulled most of them just for the brass. I'm thinking if I put the spring from my lim pro in then try loading some +p loads and see what cycles it? I don't want to have to run stupid hot loads if I don't have to.

Don't worry about pumping up the load, just drop the spring weight, I have run 130pf 9mm loads in my Hunter using an 8# recoil spring. Henning even sells 6# recoil springs.

The Hunter recoil system is the same length as the long slide models so you can use the same springs without a problem; in fact I use the same springs for all my CZ75 pattern pistols except the compacts, those need a shorter spring.

Ok good to know. I have no clue what's in my lim pro it was about 1/2 inch shorter. (2nd hand to me) Ill load up some 124s with some 800x and see how it runs for me. If I need to get a lighter spring I will go from there. I know I will need to get a calabration kit when I comp the lim pro slide.

Gauging interest- I'm thinking of selling my 9mm open tanfo...I tried shooting open and while its fun I simply don't enjoy it as much as I do shooting limited. Its a ready to shoot package...comes with cmore sight and 90 degree mount , Hennings thin smooth grips, Henning flat trigger. And 6 mags. I have pictures that I can put up later...just wondered if anyone was looking for one. Thanks

Gauging interest- I'm thinking of selling my 9mm open tanfo...I tried shooting open and while its fun I simply don't enjoy it as much as I do shooting limited. Its a ready to shoot package...comes with cmore sight and 90 degree mount , Hennings thin smooth grips, Henning flat trigger. And 6 mags. I have pictures that I can put up later...just wondered if anyone was looking for one. Thanks

Is it a Gold Team? or something custom?

Hey guys, I know this isn;t necessarily on topic but best place my Enos friends would see. I am looking for some 38 Super brass for my new Tanfo. Cheaper the better. I am not looking for a gazillion pieces but if you have some small amounts to spare or part with please send me a PM. Thanks

Gump

Loaded up some 38 super tonight. I hope to go to the range this weekend. I have new starline brass not comp or +p CCI SRP 8.0g hodgdon 800x under a 124 x-treme .355. I hope this will be a nice plinking load without stupid speed. I'm going to set up my chronograph and use the 4.75in barrel 1st then if I'm not too hot got to the 6in. Anyone know a ballpark figure on increase in barrel lenth? Anyway. I'll post the data here n on the super page too.

Well I went to the range today. The out door part was closed so I couldn't set up my chronograph or shoot hand loads. Sorta lame. Anyway. The hunter with the 38 super barrel ran great with the lim pro recoil spring and some Aguila 130+P ammo. Thank you all for the advice.

Sooo. Here is what's rolling around in my mind. I love the hunter frame and the long dust cover. I almost want to build my open gun on this platform. I have a henning trigger and EGW hammer/pin/sear kit on the way. I would just need to get another c-more mount and go from there.

However. The cheeley mount I have I really like. I know if I put the henning and EGW parts in my lim pro that would take care of the sa/da trigger slop that I don't really like. My concern is if I use the hunter frame for the base I would have a lim pro frame and hunter slide I don't really need. I do love the hunter in 10mm 6in hand cannon mode too.

Pro for hunter: tight frame, full lenth dust cover, henning magwell installed, new hole pattern...

Cons: if I put a dot on it I wouldn't be able to mount the 6inch slide. Rear sight won't clear the dot.

Pro for lim pro: I have the cmore sighted in and a mount I like, if I use this gun I still have the stock hunter bad @$$ 10mm hand cannon.

Con: Shorter dust cover, not as tight as hunter.

Any advice on what to do would be awesome. If I do go with the hunter as a base I'll have a large competition frame with cmore mount and with sa/da trigger (and take off sao trigger) to sell as well as a hunter 6in slide to help fund the open gun build?

If I do decide to sell the frame or slide I'll post here 1st as a heads up then up in classifieds.

I could. I just really like the hunter with the iron sights. The accuracy and everything else. I could put the hunter slide on the lim pro but there's a gap. (Looks odd) no biggie really. I was just tossing some ideas around. Eventually I would like to use the hunter with a 40 barrel for limited but at the moment I really want to finish my open project and selling a frame and 6in slide would give me the $ to do it? Or I keep them both and figure out another way to fund it.

Load data from today. Not much data but I'll post.

38 super starline brass 124 xtreme hp CCI SRP 1.260 OAL 8g 800x

Lim pro stock barrel 4.75in

1.1406 fps

2.1474 fps

3.1417 fps

Avg 1423 fps

Avg PF 176.

A bit stout for no comp plinking. Going to back off a bit...

Sooo I had to see what it would do with the hunter...

Hunter 6in barrel 38 super

1.1616 FPS

2.1588 FPS

I stopped there... Brass looks fine. Primers are fine. Both guns kicked pretty hard.

Avg. FPS:1602. Avg PF 198...

I'm going to back off a bit. Figured I would post this as a DONT try. Lol

So, what kind of case do you put a 90 mounted gun in to transport to matches?? I used a gun rug in my bag, but I can't even close the damn thing with the mount, let alone a scope on it (I'm assuming).

Well with the zig racker on the left and the 90 on the right I can a put the frame and mags in my hunter case with slide off. Mags in the case with the frame and mount and then put the slide in the corner pocket where the springs and cleaning kit sit. That works. Or I have an old metal lock box thing I put foam in and that works when I take both to the range. I'm waiting to get a large lock box they sell at harbor freight. It's got locks on it and I believe with the right foam cut out I could fit my entire set up in there. I'm waiting for my build to be done before I build a case again. I made that mistake with my glock. Built a custom case to fit perfect w mags and all but when I added the comp it didn't fit it wa wood and I stained the box and burnt the glock logo on it n all. Took a weekend to do a nice project and a few months later I couldn't use it at all haha.

I don't have any 90 degree mounts, but do have open guns. The midway 15" gun rug fits them all with a little room to spare. Cheap enough that you could try it and if it doesn't work...oh well.

BTW - the pink ones are on sale right now for $2.50. :P