Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't have all those holes in the barrel anymore right? I'm pleading ignorance here but the desired effect is flatter gun being with more gas going out the new holes and the redesigned comp and less gas bleeding out from get go from the lack of the popple holes?

Anyone using one? Pros? cons? I would be using it for open with my lim pro or limited with my hunter if my top end isn't finished in time.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2670118738/double-alpha-racer-holster-tanfoglio-square-trigger-guard-aluminum?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Get the Racemaster with the magnetic block. It's expensive but I'm enjoying mine. I've had to do no fitting. I had a few times some hiccups getting it back holstered but that was from me not putting it in at correct angle I believe. Open still new here

Anyone using one? Pros? cons? I would be using it for open with my lim pro or limited with my hunter if my top end isn't finished in time.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2670118738/double-alpha-racer-holster-tanfoglio-square-trigger-guard-aluminum?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Get the Racemaster with the magnetic block. It's expensive but I'm enjoying mine. I've had to do no fitting. I had a few times some hiccups getting it back holstered but that was from me not putting it in at correct angle I believe. Open still new here

Thank you for the input everyone :-)

I've been happy with the Manny Bragg, though I'm not real fond of the add-on leg pad.

The Manny Bragg, is it the one for the stock models? What pistol are you using. I don't know why the difference is but the DAA one is different for the stock 3 and all the reg comp frame ones. It looks cool. I had a cr for my glock but never got to use it. I ended up selling it as soon as I finished building it lol. I got the tanfo bug! Haha

The Manny Bragg, is it the one for the stock models? What pistol are you using. I don't know why the difference is but the DAA one is different for the stock 3 and all the reg comp frame ones. It looks cool. I had a cr for my glock but never got to use it. I ended up selling it as soon as I finished building it lol. I got the tanfo bug! Haha

I'm shooting a Limited Custom (Sku 500021). The description for the holster says "Tanfoglio Stock" on the website. There is a couple mm of play side to side, but when I've got it in either locked position the gun is NOT coming out. I emailed Manny and asked specifically if the holster would work for mine, and he said yes. Got it in the mail 3 days later.

I had no intention of buying a Tanfo. In fact, I went to buy 140mm mag springs for my Glock from Nealio. Then he me hold a couple of his Tanfos....game over. Glock went on the market and I snatched up the LC that was for sale local.

Edited by RevInk

Haha! I got a lim pro for a awesome price in 38 super then my open glock was traded for a hunter in 10mm. I was hooked!

I want a 10mm Hunter at some point. Some mag extensions and 19-20 rounds of 10mm?? That just sweet!

I'm now in the midst of switching over to open. I picked up one of the Cheeley 90° mounts just in case I wanted to in the future. Then I bought a EGW Sidewinder because it was on clearance on Midway. Then I was asking a local guy about C-More's and just missed out on the used on in the classifieds here (curse you John!), but the local guy loaned me his backup one to try out. Now I got a local machinist making up a slide racker to look like the Limcat mailbox one (the local guy had a Limcat and I was in love). So this is how my LC is sitting right now...

44b85b25-4729-456f-81e1-a663b631692e_zpse4b320ff-d576-4c5d-850c-0991dd76cacf_zps

How much work did it take to get that Sidewinder to work? I don't have any brass punches (still pretty new to messing with my guns) so I haven't tried popping the rear sight out. I did notice my Sidewinder was a little bigger than the sight cut though.

It wasn't too bad. I took a steel punch pulled all the screws and drifted it off. My mount would work w/ the sights on. The sidewinder took me about an hour w wet sanding ant trying. Once it almost went I hit it w oil n drove it in w a brass hammer.

That doesn't sound bad. I want it on the left side though so I think the mailbox flag will be nice. I'm going to have him make it ride pretty close to the mount/C-More purely for looks, but when playing with the Limcat I noticed how nice it was to have a big handle to grab, and that it cleared my grip. He also pointed out that it is easier when letting someone else shoot it because you don't have to warn them about watching their hands.

I'm going to have him match up the holes in the racker with where the sight set screws were. Although, I saw a post somewhere about the ball detente on a racker so you could pull it off easy. I kinda like that idea too. Not looking forward to having to disassemble prior to stripping it for cleaning.

Just use a slide stop pin, no way to lock open the slide though

With a slide racker I'm not concerned about locking it open. Now to find a slide stop pin. The ultimate goal is to be able to return it to stock if desired.

Edited by RevInk