Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

Here is my 9mm stock 2 converted to open the comp was based on the custom tanfoglios made by a gunsmith in Germany. Dimensions are probably different as I had to match it to my slide as best I could. Had a friend of mine thread the barrel and come up with the rough shapes than did some final detailing on my mill. Tracks well for a 9mm a bit jumpy but they all are anyway.

Untitled_zps767bdeae.png

Edited by babo_al

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I'm about to embark on my second adventure by upgrading an older Tanfoglio full sized steel model. When I did this with my Limited Pro it was with Xtreme parts including the hammer. As the gun was brand new, I didn't change out the sear.

This new effort will be with a gun that has been shot but I'm not sure how much. So I'm thinking of using all of Hennings parts including the EGW hammer and sear kit. It make sense to me to have a matched hammer and sear with this gun.

I got what I think were great results on my Limited Pro. I'll do essentially the same things with this older gun including all the polishing as recommended here and using lighter springs including the plunger.

My choice of parts for this new adventure is partly motivated by the availability of the EGW kit.

So here is my question: Should I expect similar results as were achieved with the Xtreme parts? The hammer obviously made a major contribution to the improvements. Will I see similarly with the EGW kit?

Thankas!! Gord

IMHO you can get a better, crisper trigger with the EGW/Henning parts, but they also require more work. Are you ordering from Henning or directoy from EGW?

If you get the the sear and hammer from Henning you have some minor fitting/polishing and you are good to go.

If you get the sear and hammer from EGW they are WAY oversized and require a lot of work. Hammer hooks are ridiculously tall, the 1/2 cock hooks are too high to even use the hammer out of the box. The sear engagement leg on the sear is huge and needs a lot of material taken off. I've done 2 guns with the raw EGW parts and I won't do another.

IMHO you can get a better, crisper trigger with the EGW/Henning parts, but they also require more work. Are you ordering from Henning or directoy from EGW?

If you get the the sear and hammer from Henning you have some minor fitting/polishing and you are good to go.

If you get the sear and hammer from EGW they are WAY oversized and require a lot of work. Hammer hooks are ridiculously tall, the 1/2 cock hooks are too high to even use the hammer out of the box. The sear engagement leg on the sear is huge and needs a lot of material taken off. I've done 2 guns with the raw EGW parts and I won't do another.

I'm going all the way with Henning. I emailed him with a question or two while he was in AZ. Much to my surprise he called today and spent 10 minutes with me on the phone. I'm impressed with this guy. I think he is a very good businessman and a pretty nice guy too.

Gord

Gump:

It is the factory Tanfo 170mm , which I could originally stuff 26 rounds into the mag tube.

With the grams kit , you can stuff 28 rounds into the mag tube.

Best Regards

Do you know what Grams kit you used? Got one today and got 27 in fairly easy but 28 is way too hard to shove in but that's with factory basepad which shouldn't make a difference?

I have a brand new (maybe test fired) 4.5" 9mm top end with the Bomar style rear sight (milled front sight) if anyone is looking for a cheap conversion. Or if you want to dabble in open, this would be a good place to start. I have 6" barrel to go with it.

I have a brand new (maybe test fired) 4.5" 9mm top end with the Bomar style rear sight (milled front sight) if anyone is looking for a cheap conversion. Or if you want to dabble in open, this would be a good place to start. I have 6" barrel to go with it.

Pm sent

Minor project update:

I picked up a few slides last year that had milled front sights, but with the Super sight on the rear. The though was I could have a 1911 slide cut put in the slide and have all kinds of sight options (like night sights) and turn these relatively cheap "unwanted" slides into winners.

So I just got my house gun slide done, doing this very thing. A local guy here charged me $40 to take off the milled sight and cut an STI sight dovetail. Then I ordered a Dawson Trijicon sight for $50.

Just sharing this for others that want night sights or have milled sight uppers that they want better front sight on. I'm thinking about doing this to my Mossad next..

Slide before:

IMG_20140807_224453.jpg

Slide after with Dawson Trijicon front sight:

20141112_222343.jpg