Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a Henning Flat Trigger and really like it. I was skeptical at first as ive never had experience with anything other than curved but im taking a liking to it.

I still have this hunter lower with stock 3 upper with Eric Grauffel grips and factory magwell. Im asking $900 but with just the original grips and no magwell i'll take $800. Would be a great start to build off of. I used the hunter slide for a build of mine that I'm now having sent to robar.

20141019_181646_zps1bb8460e.jpg

20141019_181706_zpsca18e870.jpg

_20141018_223104_zpssezexdxn.jpg

Man I really like this comp! I think this might be my best one yet.

_20140826_224605_zpskrxukozq.jpg

I also tried out my stroked 40 Hunter today side by side with my Limited and WOW! I need to do some load development, spring tuning and maybe a thumb rest, but I think this is THE Tanfo Limited gun :devil:

Edited by kneelingatlas

Here is the pull. Best trigger I have EVER felt. 0 pre travel. I can't wait to weigh it!

You will always need a little extra pretravel movement to the trigger in order to have reliable resetting of the trigger when you live fire it. Setting up the trigger with zero pretravel feels super awesome on the bench in dry fire, but it will fail to reset properly when you shoot it. This is because the sear cage moves around when you shoot and you need some extra travel in the trigger travel to account for this sear cage sloppiness. The same thing applies to the over travel, you need a little extra travel post hammer drop to ensure that it will actually drop the hammer when you shoot it in live fire.

How did the stroked gun feel different? Was it noticeably softer? Did it shoot flatter?

Flatter, softer, all of the above :D I can tell that the recoil spring is too light though, it was a little lopey. Once I get it all dialed in I want to see if I can get someone to takes some good video for comparison.

It is in 10mm, upper and lower were 10mm guns. The grips are silver aluminum and i like them alot. I have them on another of my guns and they are my favorite. The texture is agressive but when your hands are ultra sweaty they still grabthe best out of all the grips ive tried

How did the stroked gun feel different? Was it noticeably softer? Did it shoot flatter?

Flatter, softer, all of the above :D I can tell that the recoil spring is too light though, it was a little lopey. Once I get it all dialed in I want to see if I can get someone to takes some good video for comparison.

Great! My friends and I used the slo-mo camera on our iPhones to help tune ours. Not sure if we learned much, but was sure fun!

Here is the pull. Best trigger I have EVER felt. 0 pre travel. I can't wait to weigh it!

You will always need a little extra pretravel movement to the trigger in order to have reliable resetting of the trigger when you live fire it. Setting up the trigger with zero pretravel feels super awesome on the bench in dry fire, but it will fail to reset properly when you shoot it. This is because the sear cage moves around when you shoot and you need some extra travel in the trigger travel to account for this sear cage sloppiness. The same thing applies to the over travel, you need a little extra travel post hammer drop to ensure that it will actually drop the hammer when you shoot it in live fire.

See. This it why I love this place! Thank you CHA-LEE. This is a wonderful collective of "this works great" or "don't do that!!" Not to mention eye candy and ideas. :-D I took it to the range and It would only reset 3/4 of the time. Awesome trigger but if it doesn't automatically reset who cares. It needs to go "bang"... You have saved me the old back to the drawing board and given me a direction to fix an issue. I still love the trigger pull and feel. It shot tighter and faster then It ever did before. (when it did shoot).

I agree with this place being super in many ways. I got started in the gun and shooting games late at the ripe young age of 65. My first interest was IPSC back in Canada and that continues to this day. My first gun was a SIG X-five DA/SA and I bought a second SIG P-226. A Performance Centre S&W 357 V-Comp was around for a while as was an FNP 45. Then I dove into the 1911 world with my NightHawk Custom, loved that and still do and then fell in love with my SIG P-210. Every purchase has opened other doors and so along came an AR-15 and a Tactical shotgun so that I could play 3Gun.

My last foray has been into the Tanfoglio line and that led me to much more interest in this forum. I love tinkering with the guns and have upgraded my Limited Pro with all of the Xtreme parts. What a hoot!!!

So now I shoot as often as I can in both Canada and Texas for the winter. I'm on the way there now. I shoot IPSC, USPSA, IDPA,Steel Challenge, Tactical Carbine, Tactical shotgun and the last has been 3 Gun. I don't do any of them well as my legs are 70 years old and were never very good. But I'm out there with the 25 year old folks and having a great time because of the wonderful fellowship in the shooting sports. This forum is just one example of that!!

I have an unfired .40 complete Stock II upper for sale - $450 shipped, all offers considered. I also have the new style wood grips, pistol/conversion cases, let me know what you're looking for._20141019_210633_zpsuo1ppoam.jpg_20141019_210509_zpsmqyyakml.jpg

You still got this?