Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Well there you have it Bryan. My son didn't want the mid rib bead on his so I went to take it out....wow what a Bi#%h it was to remove...so if you want one it will fall out, if you don't it will stay in there like welded!

I think I have one of the welded ones. I checked mine all day, it stayed tight!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard they are, but I'd call beretta and ask to make sure.

Don't waste your time. The CS reps don't know much. They told me the 1301 lifter was a unique part.

Ordering a new lifter from brownells... Does the 1301 use the same lifter as the a400?

Yes it is the same. I had to get the Beretta CS rep to check with their tech dept to confirm. I ordered one and had it sent straight to Crums. It's in the gun now and works great.

Don't waste your time. The CS reps don't know much. They told me the 1301 lifter was a unique part.

Ordering a new lifter from brownells... Does the 1301 use the same lifter as the a400?

Yes it is the same. I had to get the Beretta CS rep to check with their tech dept to confirm. I ordered one and had it sent straight to Crums. It's in the gun now and works great.

Thank you!

Can you post Brownells link so I get the right one?

I think I've read every post, but can someone tell me why when I cycle the bolt, it does not cycle a shell from the magazine tube? I have the Nordic +5 and used the stock spring. If I use the button on the back of the carrier then it cycles fine while shooting

HOA

Are you saying that it doesn't put a shell onto the lifter when you shoot it, or when you just cycle the bolt by hand? The 1301 is similar to a Benelli M2 in that in order to put a shell onto the lifter when not shooting the gun, you have to use the button at the back of the lifter (it's a silver button at the side on an M2). It one of the things that catch shooters out on a start where the chamber is empty but the magazine is loaded.

HTH

Keith

Shoot my Beretta at it's first match Saturday. When I first got it went right from the GS to the range and ran some B&P slugs through it to get point of aim at 50yds was dead on. I added a +5 Nordic Tube and lubed it up. I also ran some Winchester AA and Federal slugs through it, ran like a dream.

At the match the Winchester AA ran perfectly but had to cycle the bolt by hand with the B&P slug. Anyone else run into this?

Neither slugs were low recoil.

HOA

Are you saying that it doesn't put a shell onto the lifter when you shoot it, or when you just cycle the bolt by hand? The 1301 is similar to a Benelli M2 in that in order to put a shell onto the lifter when not shooting the gun, you have to use the button at the back of the lifter (it's a silver button at the side on an M2). It one of the things that catch shooters out on a start where the chamber is empty but the magazine is loaded.

HTH

Keith

That's it. Thank you for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my local bro's recampher the front of the loading port and knock the edges down. Great job. After playing with it some I dropped the left side of the receiver down to help with my Load 2s.(I'm a lefty loading weakhand). Smoothed it all out and polished the lifter up. Loads slicker than bacon through a goose.

100_1045_zps3867bc92.jpg

100_1046_zpsb9593e39.jpg

100_1047_zpsc5fdede4.jpg

My mid bead screwed out just by using my fingers, and that sucker is so small it was hard to get ahold of. I put a little red locktite on it and screwed it back in.

You other guys may want to check your mid beads too, if they haven't fallen out yet.

I checked mine and it was easily unscrewed. Locktite to the rescue.

My mid bead screwed out just by using my fingers, and that sucker is so small it was hard to get ahold of. I put a little red locktite on it and screwed it back in.

You other guys may want to check your mid beads too, if they haven't fallen out yet.

I checked mine and it was easily unscrewed. Locktite to the rescue.

Mine is already gone. Are replacements easy to obtain?

Load two problem, please help. I just started practicing the load two method strong hand with my Beretta 1301. I keep having trouble getting the second shell in the gun. So I got out my Benelli M2 and tried the method and I had no issues getting the second shell loaded. I was actually surprised how well I did, in no time 8 shells in 6 seconds. I do not understand what the difference could be other than the guns. The loading port on the Beretta is bigger than my M2, so I would think the Beretta would be easier to load. I will modify the loading port on the Beretta if I need to, but want to know if that will fix the issue or if it can be something else I am missing.

Some folks have trouble with it, others don't. I did. The main culprit is the front of the loading port. Rather than leading down to the mag tube it is vertical above the mag tube and then slopes towards the foregrip. Red Neck Tactical does a mod for this, basically sloping the loading port towards the mag tube and a couple other tricks. Makes a really big difference. I also cut down the side of the receiver that does not have the serial number on it a bit. Here is a link to RNT facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=657193124325350&set=pcb.657193170992012&type=1&theater

I'm still considering buying one of these 1301's. Do they beretta 1301's run the cheap Walmart bulk shells well?

Any particular reason to get the 24" over the 21"? I would kind of want it for an all-purpose shotgun. (would like to shoot clays with it as well.

Will the 24" be more reliable than the 21" (placement of gas ports relative to barrel length etc).

Attached are pictures of the walmart bulk.

Does anyone know where I can find a 24" under 1k that is not in Texas (no sales tax).

Thanks guys!

post-49454-0-07476500-1385314451_thumb.j