Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What length barrel is your 3gun rifle?

amac

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M193 should be right there. 3130 out of a 16" and 3070 out of a 14.5". i figured I would be around 3040-3050 fps

Never guess always chrono. I bet you will get more like 2700 fps but who knows until you chrono.

pat

I have a chrono, the gun is being coated right now, so haven't shot over it yet

I betting much lower then 3040-3050, but will be interested to see the results

After reading a recent article in 3gun magazine, I was curious how many people are shortening the length of their gamer gun? I have an 18" setup and don't plan to change. However, the idea of quick, hosing stages and being able to throw my gun side to side is compelling. Anyone else read the same article and plan to make changes?

Traditions are typically challenged with the latest craze! I find that it usually gets costly in a hurry when chasing the latest trends.

I plan on sticking with my 18" rifle-length gas gun for most things but I am building out a pinned 14.5" mid-length because (1) I want to :) and (2) I shoot a few places that never have shots past 200yards. I'll give the shorty a try at matches like that.

I've got a 14.5" Noveske with a fixed pinned surefire brake on it. I didn't buy it for 3 gun, but that's what I use it for now, and I really like it. The Leupold Mark 6 1x6 makes a much bigger difference than running a 20" barrel with cheap glass, IMHO.

I want to build a short upper just for berm distance 3 gun matches. I don't think it will be softer but I could make it really light and take some wear and tear off of the really expensive barrel.

Pretty much what I did. Ran it at Crimson Trace. But, it is still very soft recoiling the way I set it up. It doubles almost like my 18, but 7 pounds with light, optic and the double laser make it fast.

For my first build I went with a 16" RRA Heavy Barrel 1:9, mid length gas. Shoots 1moa @ 100yards but still is quick for the close hoser targets. About to upgrade from a birdcage to a PWS muzzle brake I just picked at a prize table. Hope it helps with double taps.