Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What length barrel is your 3gun rifle?

amac

My buddy and I uses same barrel only his is 16" and I'm using 18". We are using same hold data. Last week at FN, I shoot the 400yd flasher at 3 mils. My friend uses the data and hit at 3 mils for 1 shot hit. I have someone in the squad with 7.5" SBR and he's hitting targets. I'm moving to 16" light barrel from 18" medium contour. I remembered I choose 18" because 1 pro from ITI showed up in area6 3 gun with 16" and PRVi ammo. He didn't make PF. His buddy using same rifle (JP as I remember) 18" made power factor with the same ammo. So people shoot 18" to have only 1 rifle for USPSA and outlaw matches. A lot of pro's who shoots long rifle before are moving to short barrels now also for 3 gun nation series.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been shooting a Stag 3G rig with the 18" barrel, rifle length gas. I'm going back to a 16", mid-length, with a Rainier Arms ultra-match barrel. The Stag just doesn’t feel that nimble.

18" JP with tuned gas. Heavy barrel and heavy forend, cause paying a lot for a lighter one is silly. that's what the gym is for. Plenty fast on close stuff, and rock steady on distance.

also building a 10.5 with a red dot for local 22 matches and combat steel stuff. the light weight seems to really help when every target is less than 50 feet away, not so much past that.

I was running an 18" fluted from sabre defense and loved it. I just ran a match over the weekend with a 14.5 (pinned to 16)m4 profile cmmg upper and loved it. Shots were all under 100 and the aimpoint micro and short barrel were awesome.