Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Jesse do you know if a new retaining pin is needed and is this a needed upgrade or a cover your a$$ upgrade?

I sent him all three Benelli parts. Pin, Spring and extractor.

I had issues with this gun extracting cheap ammo from day one. So I simply ran AA's like I always do. I then had a few Fail to extract on the AA's. So I swapped out the original bolt with a new one and it went back to extracting just fine. I never had issues with my M2 extracting anything. So I figured swapping parts was worth a shot.

ok thanks Jesse... Kurt nice video

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you could have used a Franchi part, but then you would just have to replace it latter with a Benelli part.

Thanks Oskino, but I haven't been part of Benelli for almost a year now. That doesn't stop me from pushing superior parts that will make guns run, or guns that don't break. I recommend a lot of stuff I am not in anyway getting anything for. I just like to see people get a good quality product to help them achieve their goals instead of fighting equipment and spending way too much on stuff that doesn't work.

Yes you could have used a Franchi part, but then you would just have to replace it latter with a Benelli part.

Thanks Oskino, but I haven't been part of Benelli for almost a year now. That doesn't stop me from pushing superior parts that will make guns run, or guns that don't break. I recommend a lot of stuff I am not in anyway getting anything for. I just like to see people get a good quality product to help them achieve their goals instead of fighting equipment and spending way too much on stuff that doesn't work.

Kurt, that's why I always read your comments, I can learn a lot from someone like you!!

name's Oscar by the way

Mine runs cheap ammo no problem. Im sure jesse shoots more than indo though ;)

I haven't put a 1000 rounds through my two 24" guns. The 26" I bought after seeing Pat Kelley's article has been my work horse and test mule.

The 26" gun had issues with extraction from the get go. While multiple others I spoke to didn't have the same FTE issues with the same types of cheap ammo. I kinda figured the extractor may have been not so good from the factory.

My goal in sharing this information rather than simply posting the typical "I've never had an Issue with my guns or gear' that you often hear from sponsored shooter is to let everyone know what I'm experiencing so they know exactly what to expect when buying this gun. Personally I'd rather know up front that my $500 gun is going to need $50 or $150 in parts so I can weigh those costs versus buying the $1200 Benelli from the start.

I don't think anyone expected to get a Benelli M2 disguised as a Stoeger M3000. So that $700 price difference has to come from somewhere. My hopes when agreeing to shoot for Stoeger was that the price differential came from being built in Turkey rather than in Italy and from a tiny marketing budget rather than a large Benelli ad budget instead of coming from inexpensive poor quality parts and below average inexpensive manufacturing practices.

So far so good!

Jesse, it is the candor that we applaud.

For the record, the Stoeger is NOT a Benelli, however to my mind there are a couple plus besides the price. I like the longer forearm, having long arms myself, I am not gripping the tube as I would with a shorter gun. I like that Tom does great work at a really fair price.

So far there are two things I have found, while Benelli tube nut fits the threads, it does not fit in the fore end, one or the other needs to be trimmed, MOA makes a nut so that issue is solved. And frankly the finish on the barrel is not as good. So What!? Worse case, I'll paint it!

Yea your candor on stoger is super appreciated, was that extractor a drop in part? or did it take some fitting? gunsmith level or average basement gun nerd level? What did it run you for the parts?

Parts are $26.97 from Brownells. No fitting required I'm told. Hell I couldn't even get the pin out with my lack of patience.

Thank god I have a good gunsmith nearby that will do my dirty work!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Jesse, do you prefer the 24" over the 26"? With a 12 round tube does it even make a difference?

I like my 26" better simply because it shoots slugs the best. Other than that it really doesn't matter

Jesse, Are feathered bangs going out of style, or should I get a haircut?

You have asked this on at least five forums today. Maybe if you keep asking you will get the response you're looking for.

Thanks Jesse; for sharing the TRUTH about your experience , and problem solving. Please get back to use about your extractor fix. I think $26.97 is worth paying up front to ward off problems down the road. Thanks Again :cheers:

Watch out for Cyrus, checking you out

The washer is easy, the nut is a bear. Take a plastic straw, insert it into the nut about halfway and you can place the nut square on the bolt and start it.

Put a layer or 2 of masking tape around the nut so it wedges into the socket wrench and it is easy to control until the threads start.

Drop the oval plate in the stock with the stock vertical, without the action. Drop lock washer on top of oval washer, then shake it gently until they line up. Bring stock bolt up through the stock, plate, and washer. Now, gently lay the shotgun over with the top down on the bench. Action will be upside down. This leaves the stock bolt at a slight upward angle, which keeps the washers from falling off. Now, put the nut in a socket on the end of a long extension, and slide into the end of the stock perfectly horizontal until the nut is on the unthreaded pilot section at the end of the stock bolt. Tip the socket up until angle matches the stock bolt, and start thread by hand before using ratchet. I will try to remember to post pics when I get to the shop Monday.

The washer is easy, the nut is a bear. Take a plastic straw, insert it into the nut about halfway and you can place the nut square on the bolt and start it.

Put a layer or 2 of masking tape around the nut so it wedges into the socket wrench and it is easy to control until the threads start.

That is my method too. For the washer... a phillips #2 with the washer on the shaft, put point on stock stud and slide washer onto stud.

That is my method too. For the washer... a phillips #2 with the washer on the shaft, put point on stock stud and slide washer onto stud.

Damn, That is exactly what I did! I forgot until you posted it. It was one of those 'I've done enough weird stuff over the years that this didn't even register as doing anything special moments'!

I'm finding that my 24inch M3K has also deveoped extraction and ejection problems. The gun was perfect for the first few matches shooting Rio 23/4 dram 7.5 at 1150 fps. The federal equivilant load and the Federal and Rio 3 dram loads traveling 1200 fps with the same payload.

The last two matches had failure to ejects begin to crop up. Went to the range last Friday with all of the above loads and experienced Failure to extracts, failure to eject ( the empty was trapped between the fresh round on the lifter coming up and the top of the receiver). Also a few failure to ejects with the classic ejection port giving me the middle finger "stove pipe".

Going to go Jesse's route of replacing extractor parts with Benelli.

I really have enjoyed this gun and hope this will cure its issues.

I'm finding that my 24inch M3K has also deveoped extraction and ejection problems. The gun was perfect for the first few matches shooting Rio 23/4 dram 7.5 at 1150 fps. The federal equivilant load and the Federal and Rio 3 dram loads traveling 1200 fps with the same payload.

The last two matches had failure to ejects begin to crop up. Went to the range last Friday with all of the above loads and experienced Failure to extracts, failure to eject ( the empty was trapped between the fresh round on the lifter coming up and the top of the receiver). Also a few failure to ejects with the classic ejection port giving me the middle finger "stove pipe".

Going to go Jesse's route of replacing extractor parts with Benelli.

I really have enjoyed this gun and hope this will cure its issues.

I put 225 rounds of mostly Estate, one box of RIO, one box of Remington Gun Clun and a couple boxes of AA's and only one estate failed to extract. When new I would get 2/10 or so failures on the Estate shells. So things appear to be improved. Gonna burn through the remaining 500 or so rounds of estate this week to see if it's consistent.

Damn, That is exactly what I did! I forgot until you posted it. It was one of those 'I've done enough weird stuff over the years that this didn't even register as doing anything special moments'!

Man I did not expect to get such a big response, I love all the genius techniques!