Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, thanks for posting the article! I was having trouble finding a copy.

So from the article, it sounds like 24" is the one to get, but 26 or 28 will be fine, especially if you go with a 12-round tube since it'll extend past anyway?

The article mentions that with the tube it was 11+1, but it looks like the magazine tube is flush with the 26" barrel - how did you manage that? It seems like others are only able to get 10+1 and have it flush.

Because you can ghost-load without mods. Technically 10+1+1, with one on the carrier. I run a +9 in open division, and start with 15 rounds in the gun. With that and a leg full of speed loaders I can pretty much shoot until the barrel blisters my hand. For limited, the 24" with a +5 is very lively to handle, and can be loaded to division capacity. Lot of guys running a +8 tho, so they can toss a quad as soon as the timer starts.

I polished my mag tube last night and took the stoeger back out today, I cycled almost a case of cheepo estate 1145 fps super sport with zero malfunctions. I can't wait for my match on saturday.

Edited by gliney00

Looking to purchase extended choke set for my M3k. Anybody have pos or neg have input. Tom mentioned CDNN during my build/purchase of a complete out the door package unfortunately they don't have them anymore and didn't know what brand they were. Looking at the carlsons waterfowl package because haven't found something else yet . :D Thank you Tom I'm enjoying my M3k very much!

Cabela's has Carlson Chokes. The extended chokes are surely easier to deal with than the flush ones. Do remember to lubricate them!

I believe they are $39.95 each. Personally I have a IC, LM, M and IM (aka Light Full) I may get a SKT as well. The IC will do almost everything you need and it shoots slugs just fine.

Always remember it it a SHOOTGUN, you have to aim! if you get the center of your pattern on the plate it will fall out to at least 25 yards, past that you may, depending upon the plate weight want to tighten up. I generally run 1-1/8 ounce 1200fps shells.

I run the extended knurled Carlson's, and a Briley Diffusion for 3GN classifiers. I have Cyl ,Skeet, IC, LM, Mod, and IM. I actually USE the Diffusion, IC, and LM. The rest maybe get used once a year, and I don't if they actually help. BTW, the Crio chokes screw right in they are just longer than the Mobil-choke pattern ahead of the threads, so they stick out more.

Sorry for the dead end on CDNN, they have had them sporadically up until a month or two ago.

Looking to purchase extended choke set for my M3k. Anybody have pos or neg have input. Tom mentioned CDNN during my build/purchase of a complete out the door package unfortunately they don't have them anymore and didn't know what brand they were. Looking at the carlsons waterfowl package because haven't found something else yet . :D Thank you Tom I'm enjoying my M3k very much!

This is where I got mine from, great price, they work great and look even better. These are the ones that fit the M3000 the mobile choke system

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/product_p/carber-ben%20sc.htm

I have IC, MOD, LM and Full

This is pretty nice as well http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Nordic_Components_12ga_Low_Drag_Shotgun_Follower_p/nc-fol-sg-12.htm

... i like spending other peoples money

Edited by Oskino

I very much appreciate the info on the choke tubes. Oh and thank you for helping me spend my money Oskino

Anytime man!!!

Oskino; saved you $5.00 We all need help :wacko: this sport is expensive.

and yes it is!!

Hey guys or Tom,

Is the right email for ordering the competition package the office@moaprecisionllc.com? Or would telephone be easier with shipping instructions and such?

Thanks,

DaBow

I always just call Tom here is there website

Thank you very much!