Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Quick update guys- One at a time was taking too long to be cost effective, so I spent several hours making fixturing for the double-headed safety buttons. Obviously this means they didn't get shipped Friday, but we will be putting the finish on tomorrow morning for afternoon shipment. Now we will have close to 100 on the shelf, instead of 20 or 30. Here is a picture of the new button-heads on the machining fixture, running 9 at a time now.

post-48876-0-17594600-1412528852_thumb.j

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update guys- One at a time was taking too long to be cost effective, so I spent several hours making fixturing for the double-headed safety buttons. Obviously this means they didn't get shipped Friday, but we will be putting the finish on tomorrow morning for afternoon shipment. Now we will have close to 100 on the shelf, instead of 20 or 30. Here is a picture of the new button-heads on the machining fixture, running 9 at a time now.

Please post when/where they are available for sale once finished.

Tom, do you have a picture of the safety? is it a drop in deal, or is it a button to add to the factory?

He has a pic of it a few pages back. It replaces the existing safety.

cool deal just let us know... sweet pic by the way

This is the dis-assembled button prior to finishing, along with a pic of the prototype button installed. Details will be up later today on our vendor page! :)

Tom looks great!!! Tom I'm going to send you a pm, so you can send me a bill as I want one for sure!!

Edited by Oskino

Spent the weekend reading through all 61 pages of this thread - great wealth of knowledge! I had actually started reading it earlier last week, and began looking for the 24" M3000 but saw most of the online stores (including Gun Broker) were all sold out of them. Most of those places said 4-6 weeks before they got anymore of the 24" models in. I decided to call the authorized Stoeger dealers in my area and found that Stoeger did have them in stock, and that each authorized dealer could have in in 5-7 business days. I had the closest shop to me, which happened to be the cheapest price too, order one up straight from Stoeger. Paid $475 + tax & DROS, so it came out to $537 OTD :).

Already began ordering up some parts for it like a M2 GG&G charging handle (I just liked the look of it), NC bolt release, NC mag tube from MOA, and already had a Limbsaver recoil slip-on pad that'll fit.... just a few things I wanted to do right away before ultimately deciding what I'll end up doing with the shotgun. I'm looking forward to the DIY work needed on the CH, bolt release, and polishing up the mag tube and installing everything. I'll decide later what to do about opening the ports after I've put some shell through it and get a better feel for things.

I had a couple of questions (so far)...

1) I believe I read in the earlier pages that the Benelli M2 shims between the stock and receiver will not fit onto the M3000. Can anyone verify this? I was looking at the TTI rear sling mount, and was wondering if it's possible to make it fit onto the M3000 with some cutting or grinding, or if it was a totally different shape altogether that would not fit at all.

2) I've read that the Nordic aluminum followers are no longer teflon coated, but I've seen pictures of people running them in their M3000. While I like the MOA follower, I really wanted the red color follower (just a personal preference) but won't get one if it compromises reliability. Has anyone experienced any issues or binding problems with a mag extension and using the Nordic aluminum follower?

Thanks, and looking forward to getting my M3000 later this month playing around with it.

The gun comes with a shim kit, but it stops short of where I'd like to go. I would like to drop the stock just a bit more. When I shoulder the gun I am seeing too much rail. If I loosen the stock bolt just a little, say get a 1/16" of an inch at the top of the joint, the gun is about perfect, for me. Now understand I have not been able to make up a shim yet to actually do this and I might spend a lot of time for nothing, but it looks and feels lie it should when I do that.

Other than that this gun is apparently solid, so far. At this point I've got about 700 rounds through it and not a single malfunction that wasn't me.

I had a couple of questions (so far)...

1) I believe I read in the earlier pages that the Benelli M2 shims between the stock and receiver will not fit onto the M3000. Can anyone verify this? I was looking at the TTI rear sling mount, and was wondering if it's possible to make it fit onto the M3000 with some cutting or grinding, or if it was a totally different shape altogether that would not fit at all.

2) I've read that the Nordic aluminum followers are no longer teflon coated, but I've seen pictures of people running them in their M3000. While I like the MOA follower, I really wanted the red color follower (just a personal preference) but won't get one if it compromises reliability. Has anyone experienced any issues or binding problems with a mag extension and using the Nordic aluminum follower?

Thanks, and looking forward to getting my M3000 later this month playing around with it.

Welcome to Enos forums!

Nothing wrong with the Nordic follower. Use with confidence :) That said, we will be running some red followers soon, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Nordic's. They do, after all, MAKE mag extensions, so they engineered their follower to work with their tubes.

I do not know if the sling mount works with these. Great opportunity for YOU to contribute to this thread!

Nordic followers are NO longer Teflon coated just red died this directly from a conversation with there tech service, they also shared that's there's been reports of there follower hanging up in OEM Stoeger mag tube .. Things can get fixed Call Nordic

Interesting.... We have installed a lot of the Nordic followers for the customers who request it. Possibly our stock is all the Teflon coated ones, as we ordered a large quantity early this year, and none since. I will retract my earlier statement until I get newer info.

Mike41- pm sent!

Nordic; Company, parts, and service Tech are all top notch. In there words it was going to be a hit or miss on a Stoeger, IF it runs great . Found some new company called MOA precision; they make a follower. ;) Happy Happy

Jesse do you know if a new retaining pin is needed and is this a needed upgrade or a cover your a$$ upgrade?

I sent him all three Benelli parts. Pin, Spring and extractor.

I had issues with this gun extracting cheap ammo from day one. So I simply ran AA's like I always do. I then had a few Fail to extract on the AA's. So I swapped out the original bolt with a new one and it went back to extracting just fine. I never had issues with my M2 extracting anything. So I figured swapping parts was worth a shot.

Stoegers are a lower self Benelli, same engineering design they even share the same office space ,and tech service. It all depends on how big your wallet is $$ , and will that $$ make a difference.

And yet another shotgun that needs to run Benelli parts! Great fix Mike.....ah.....Jesse. :)

I wouldn't say NEEDS to run but can run. I bet I could have used a Franchi part too.

It's too bad the 930 can't run Benelli parts too huh?

whooopseeee :roflol:

Troll Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Well, I really do admire the style of the fix Jesse, not joking or jabbing! If this doesn't fix it though, I have another idea that might cure it. Lets see if this works first and if it doesn't, let me know.