Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One if the issues I've had with my M3k have been failure to extract and the inability to run all the cheap ammo that my Benelli will without extraction issues on the cheap brass. So I'm going to try replacing the extractor components with Benelli parts from Brownells. It sure looks like it will fit.

87454006-8E1B-43E3-9F6B-C8173FF1ED20_zps

Saw it , thanks Steve; a nice upgrade for lefty's

I guess he beat me to it, but here's mine. Note big-headed double-sided safety.

sg3.jpg sg1.jpg sg2.jpg

I'd love to see pics of the internals!

Jesse,

Which internals do you mean? The cocking knob has had an extra groove added, so it will work on either side. Or do you mean the safety?

I need to shoot it Sunday; I'm not going to have time to take it apart until after that.

Maybe Tom will chime in with pics.

Like to here more on the Benelli parts used, and your opinion on the results Jesse; Please share Pic's showing the difference between OEM stoeger parts vs. Benelli. Thanks Up Front

yes this, and i stippled my Stoeger..... Wow what a difference!!

Edited by Oskino

893 rounds through the M3K as of today. I took a chance with some Estate 3dram shells at todays 3-gun match and they went through the gun just like the Federals. I'm about ready to sell my VM and get a second Stoeger. I'm super pleased with the Stoeger.

Edited by Ryan N

893 rounds through the M3K as of today. I took a chance with some Estate 3dram shells at todays 3-gun match and they went through the gun just like the Federals. I'm about ready to sell my VM and get a second Stoeger. I'm still super pleased with it.

Do you have issues with the VM?

I just feel like I shoot the Stoeger better. I think it has a little bit to do with the narrow vent rib. I also like the lighter weight. I originally bought the Stoeger as an economical back up gun to the VM.

I have nothing but praise for my new Stoeger M3000. It has run right out of the box with anything I have put in it. Winchester 1-1/8 from Walmart to Fiocchi slugs. I've run some Estate and some Remington Gun Club and nothing has made it choke except me fumbling reloads. Tom H., Thank you for building a really good gun at a price one can afford.

New Tech- Took a while because we prioritize customer guns over new projects during the shooting season, but here ya go! Opinions?

My opinion? Why cant i find it on the site so i can order one? :-). I noticed this weekend (2 3gun matches back to back) that I caught myself hunting for the safety before dumping.

Also is the extended shell release available for sale?

893 rounds through the M3K as of today. I took a chance with some Estate 3dram shells at todays 3-gun match and they went through the gun just like the Federals. I'm about ready to sell my VM and get a second Stoeger. I'm still super pleased with it.

Do you have issues with the VM?

I just feel like I shoot the Stoeger better. I think it has a little bit to do with the narrow vent rib. I also like the lighter weight. I originally bought the Stoeger as an economical back up gun to the VM.

I didn't realize how heavy the VM was until RO'ing this weekend.

22" VM with a flush tube felt MUCH heavier than my 26" with a +8 tube.

If you had the choice 24, 26 or 28" and why?

I was a 21" guy when I shot my M2. Since I couldn't get a shorty when I first got my M3k I got the 26". I love it! I can run less choke than my 21 or 24" barrels. I think I've only pulled my ICfor a LM once this year. I've run D, CYC and SK more than the LM. I think 26" is my new favorite.

Like Bob said the only real advantage to a 24 is a few less ounces out of the end.

I was a 21" guy when I shot my M2. Since I couldn't get a shorty when I first got my M3k I got the 26". I love it! I can run less choke than my 21 or 24" barrels. I think I've only pulled my ICfor a LM once this year. I've run D, CYC and SK more than the LM. I think 26" is my new favorite.

Like Bob said the only real advantage to a 24 is a few less ounces out of the end.

what length tube are you running Jesse? The only thing i've had to be mindful of is flipping my 26" over for reloads.. Knocked my fiber off on a table once.. other than that I love the 26".

Also where can i get one of those Stoeger stickers your running on your tube?

Hey JT, I have yet to find any supporting evidence that says a long barrel throws tighter patterns.

Longer can provide greater velocity, but the difference between a 21 and a 28 with target loads will not be much to consider.

But shot (beyond the quality of the shot, wad and load) only care about choke, forcing cone and velocity.

If you are getting that great but I would be that you are "aiming" better due to the longer sight radius.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

I was a 21" guy when I shot my M2. Since I couldn't get a shorty when I first got my M3k I got the 26". I love it! I can run less choke than my 21 or 24" barrels. I think I've only pulled my IC for a LM once this year. I've run D, CYC and SK more than the LM. I think 26" is my new favorite.

Hey JT, I have yet to find any supporting evidence that says a long barrel throws tighter patterns.

Longer can provide greater velocity, but the difference between a 21 and a 28 with target loads will not be much to consider.

But shot (beyond the quality of the shot, wad and load) only care about choke, forcing cone and velocity.

If you are getting that great but I would be that you are "aiming" better due to the longer sight radius.

what length tube are you running Jesse? The only thing i've had to be mindful of is flipping my 26" over for reloads.. Knocked my fiber off on a table once.. other than that I love the 26".

Also where can i get one of those Stoeger stickers your running on your tube?

I run 12 round tubes on everything. A Nordic +8 gets you to 12 on an M3k with it's 4 rd factory tube.

I got the stickers from Stoeger. Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll mail you one or call them and they will probably mail you a bunch.

I was a 21" guy when I shot my M2. Since I couldn't get a shorty when I first got my M3k I got the 26". I love it! I can run less choke than my 21 or 24" barrels. I think I've only pulled my IC for a LM once this year. I've run D, CYC and SK more than the LM. I think 26" is my new favorite.

I don't know the science behind it but my longer barrels spinmy spinner with less effort. Maybe I'm more accurate with the long ones???

Reason I asked was I picked up a 26" and I keep second guessing myself. I haven't shot this thing at a match yet. This is my first autoloader

Then do yourself a BIG favor and just go shoot it. While we love to help out the new guys and the more seasoned our thoughts don't

necessarily mean that is going to be your take. Take comfort the you bought the right gun and the right barrel length. Even if you find

out in two years you like something else. THAT is part of the learning process.

Thanks, I am going to use it at Hale mt Vermont on October 4. I just wanted trigger time before ditching the 870. The internet is great and horrible for advice all at the same time. I either did the greatest thing in the world or I am completly stupid and going totally in the wrong direction by getting what in have for gear, depending on which forum I ask questions on.

Thanks, I am going to use it at Hale mt Vermont on October 4. I just wanted trigger time before ditching the 870. The internet is great and horrible for advice all at the same time. I either did the greatest thing in the world or I am completly stupid and going totally in the wrong direction by getting what in have for gear, depending on which forum I ask questions on.

Is the gun going to remain unfired until the load command at the match? I do thinds like that for fun and to prove a point but if you are a new 3 gunner please go shoot the thing before you are on the line.