Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lot of people that did the Area 1 this year were very impressed with the facilities and staff, hence a lot of people want to go back. And the beauty of the area and the nice people were a plus. also being so close to Vegas helps in travel and before or after match fun

Everything what he said :cheers: . Times like this, I wish I lived in an Area 1 state ;)

Had a great time at the 2012 match.

I've told Chris I'd be perfectly happy to take Hawaii off his hands!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone received the information for payment and squading? The website says that this information would be going out on Sept 25th but I haven't seen anything yet. My daughter and I plan to go to the match and have already got plane tickets so we don't want to miss out.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but:

I understand the Area 1 first policy. I am on the "Who is coming list"- but I still might not be coming depending on how many Area 1 people have, or will, sign up?

That is correct. There are about 500 people on that list, not everyone will make it in. We'll have a better idea of numbers once payment and squadding open up. Out of area residents won't be entered into the match until Dec 15 and that will be in order of application. We're going to try and stuff as many people in during the main match and staff match again.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard that in the past there was a 1 day junior and military vet clinic the day before the match started...will that be happening in 2013?

I guarantee Ken is thinking about it and I've already talked to a couple guys interested in teaching. It'll be a bit trickier this year because the schedule is changing. Area 1 has done a junior class on the Friday of the match for the last couple years. We opened up to military vets last year and it was an even bigger success. Mike Hughes and Manny Bragg were great instructors. Now we just need to get a third to fill in the last spot because the guy this year was kind of lame.

I was at that clinic and thought all three instructors were great! Took awhile to implement, but that's age related. Thought you were funny as hell(as in stand up comic)to boot. Thanks for the lessons.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting it right is one thing. Not keeping people up to date when it's now almost 7 weeks after we were suppose to pay and online squad is something a little different. Especially when a post on here takes a few minute tops.

Ken has started sending notifications for Area 1, will be limited to daily small numbers at first to test the registration system (15-20 at a time). The match has 600 people pre-registered and 450 slots ...

Just a quick note. A1 residents are being accepted into the match and squadding as they do so. If you receive the notice from Ken and choose not to pay your entry fee by December 14 your spot on the list is forfeit. We open up to all on December 15th. I would strongly suggest paying and getting squadded as soon as possible to avoid any problems like forgetting to pay. I expect that this match will be full, both main and staff match on December 15. There are about 580 people signed up and trying for 450 spots.

I just paid and squadded. The choices were AM/PM or PM/AM. I chose AM/PM. No idea what that means. 42 squads at 10 per, 420 slots. That counts staff.

You'll shoot Fri AM, Sat PM and Sun AM (everyone will shoot Sun AM, just some a little later in the AM.)

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

--bjet

I live in area 1. I signed up but never recieved a email or anything? I was on the "who is comming" list. Am I on a wait list or something? Did I not make it into the match? I know there has been guys who have already paid and squadded. This will be my first major match and I guess I am a bit lost on how all of this works. Thanks in advance for your help.

Just a quick note. A1 residents are being accepted into the match and squadding as they do so. If you receive the notice from Ken and choose not to pay your entry fee by December 14 your spot on the list is forfeit. We open up to all on December 15th. I would strongly suggest paying and getting squadded as soon as possible to avoid any problems like forgetting to pay. I expect that this match will be full, both main and staff match on December 15. There are about 580 people signed up and trying for 450 spots.

*Sigh* crossing my fingers to get into the match then. I was number 430 something when I registered but happen to live in Area 2.....

Edited by blaster113