Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm pleased to announce that the Area 1 Championship will be returning to St. George, UT next year. The match dates have been approved and will be May 15-19, 2013. May 15-16 will be the staff match with the 17-19 being the main match. We're still working on the actual schedule but expect it to be different than the past Area 1 matches. Right now we're looking to shoot all three days, half day format. That might change as we get a bit further in the planning process.

As in years past we will open the match up to Area 1 residents first till a certain date. After that we will fill the remaining slots with folks who live outside Area 1. I anticipate this match will fill, probably faster than last year. If you're in A1 and you want to have some fun in Utah again, or if you missed last year, make sure you get in early.

Registration info will be posted here as well as a dedicated match website. Make sure you get your info in as soon as possible.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in years past we will open the match up to Area 1 residents first till a certain date. After that we will fill the remaining slots with folks who live outside Area 1. I anticipate this match will fill, probably faster than last year. If you're in A1 and you want to have some fun in Utah again, or if you missed last year, make sure you get in early.

Do you think this is fair considering that other area matches don't do this?

Yep, we've done it for years, dating back to before I was AD. My personal opinion is that the Area match is for the benefit of the area members. Competition from outside helps but I'd rather have all the area members interested get in. Last year was the first year it actually made a difference. And even at that everyone off the wait list was offered a slot.

Thanks for the early update - was hoping for this in April - hopefully it doesn't interfere with other matches that I like to shoot!!!

I hope it doesn't. We looked at April again, but with Area 6 and the MG Nats it was a bit tight at the end of the month. We also had a bunch of folks last year that wanted to tour the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That doesn't open up until early May. We avoided the NRA Show, SS Nats and the Bianchi Cup. It is probably the same weekend as the Midwest Three Gun in MO but there are only so many weekends available.

Ken put on a fantastic match this year. Hopefully I can make it again next year. Having 3 weeks between Area 6 and Area 1 is a big bonus for those of us who would drive to attend both.

Thanks for the early update - was hoping for this in April - hopefully it doesn't interfere with other matches that I like to shoot!!!

I hope it doesn't. We looked at April again, but with Area 6 and the MG Nats it was a bit tight at the end of the month. We also had a bunch of folks last year that wanted to tour the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That doesn't open up until early May. We avoided the NRA Show, SS Nats and the Bianchi Cup. It is probably the same weekend as the Midwest Three Gun in MO but there are only so many weekends available.

MG nats in april again?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna get a PO Box with an Area 1 address. :lol:

Seiichi

I can use my parents' Utah address. LOL

I'm gonna get a PO Box with an Area 1 address. :lol:

Seiichi