Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note. A1 residents are being accepted into the match and squadding as they do so. If you receive the notice from Ken and choose not to pay your entry fee by December 14 your spot on the list is forfeit. We open up to all on December 15th. I would strongly suggest paying and getting squadded as soon as possible to avoid any problems like forgetting to pay. I expect that this match will be full, both main and staff match on December 15. There are about 580 people signed up and trying for 450 spots.

*Sigh* crossing my fingers to get into the match then. I was number 430 something when I registered but happen to live in Area 2.....

See post #76 ;)

Chuck, thanks for the information. I actually registered since day 1. I just thought people from outside of A1 started to sign-up and get squadded. I'll wait for 12/15.

Registrations have been open for all for awhile but out of Area entries won't be accepted into the match until Dec 15. If you wanted a spot your entry should have been in months ago. There a well over a hundred on the wait list.

I am in!!! We have basically our own squad.

Is there a way to check in without being there on Thursday??? i wish to stay in Vegas Thursday, and drive there early morning to St. George.

Don't forget there is a time zone change between LAS and SGU...

Later,

Chuck

Is there a way to check in without being there on Thursday??? i wish to stay in Vegas Thursday, and drive there early morning to St. George.

Are you shooting AM or PM on Friday? I'm sure we'll have some registration availability for the PM groups on Friday morning.

Are you shooting AM or PM on Friday? I'm sure we'll have some registration availability for the PM groups on Friday morning.

AM

Wonder how many out of Area 1 guys will get in? I sent my registration in as soon as I got the email and it looks like there are at least 50 guys in front of me...

Area 2 is a tough place to live. Can easily get left out of the Area 2 match and the Close Area 1 match too! :)

The list is in alphabetical order by last name it appears.

http://area1championship.com/who-is-coming/ Checkout this list. It looks like it is in order of signing up. It appears that ctay is 57th. I guess one could run the USPSA numbers of the people ahead of them to get a good idea if they are from area one or elsewhere. I just checked the squading list and it looks like about 240 have squaded so far.

I wouldn't guarantee that is in order either. I know I was one the test guinea pigs to register and I'm about 30 or 40 from the bottom of the list. I'm not sure what order that is listed in. We should have a very good idea in about a week and a half.

If you are in Area 1, and registered and you haven't paid and squadded, make sure you do...now. If you haven't received an email from Ken to do so, check your spam folder. If still nothing, email Ken ASAP. If you're not paid on December 15 and you are from Area 1 you probably are not getting into the match.

I sure hope there are a lot of people double registered or taking up spots on the list like seats on a plane who fall away on the 15th so I can get in, but I won't be holding my breath.

The number of people registered has been at 595 for a while. I am registered, got a confirmation that I am registered, but my name is not on that list.

Edited by MarkCO

I am in and squaded :cheers:

I thought Colorado was in Area 2? :goof:

I was surprised to get the e-mail from the Area 1 staff stating that I got into the match and could pay/squad. I didn't ask to get put into the match sooner than anyone else. I simply put my name on the list like everyone else.

I think that this might have been a clerical error (match staff thinking that I am in Area 1) or something to do with me getting my sponsor (Rainier Ballistics) to sponsor the match. If this is a clerical error I am totally willing to get pulled out of the match until the 15th to let as many Area 1 shooters attend as possible. I don't want anyone getting angry at me for something that is out of my control. If the match staff contacts me and request that I be removed from the match until the 15th I am totally fine with that.

Edited by CHA-LEE