Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the weather forecast looks, I'll feel right at home.

See you guys on Wed/Thur.

:cheers:

You have 18% humidity on Maui? :goof:

Oops, was only looking at the temp (high). Humidity here was like 81% a few days ago...and it was so heavy, it was falling on my roof :roflol:

Ok, Shooting Order Matrix is now posted for Fri-Sat-Sun, and if you have a great wife like I do, she entered into your calendar for you already.

Just need to know your Squad Number;

Squadding

Shooting Matrix

Range Map

Registration - at range<
Wed - 0900 to 1130
Thu - 2PM to 6PM
Fri - 0630 to 0730 for AM schedule
0900 to 11:30 for PM schedule

:D

So I see the Range Map bays for a "TBD .22 side match" and another for a "Side Match". Anybody have any info about either?

Thanks

Sure, I have a little info that I got in an email:

Side Matches & Shoot-offs & Steel Out Front

All squads will rotate through 2 side-matches. And you can come back in your off-time and try them multiple times.

The finals of these events will happen during the arbitration period, and we will have bleachers to watch the fun from!

Centerfire 2x4 Blast

Simple. 2 person teams tag team to shoot a 2x4 in half. 1/2 the pot goes to a shoot-off during the arbitration period where 6 teams shoot at once to decide who takes what cash. Give your team a name, be on more than one team, be your OWN team (if you want to run back tag yourself and run forward again). Fun!

Action Target Rimfire Extravaganza

Action Target has a new .22 line of targets. We will provide ammunition & uber accurate/reliable Browning Buckmarks (or bring your own). The top 8 win targets, in their order of preference. Proceeds from this go to our range's improvement fund. And your help is welcome!

Also, given the shortage of .22 ammo in our region, if you can bring a brick, or box of 500 and let us know, we would appreciate it!

Top Gun Shoot-off

Top 2 shooters in recognized division shoot off for $100 cash per division. Then Division shoot-off winners battle for a winner takes all $200 pot. Handicap... the Match Director decides if the Revolver competitor needs a bit of help over the Open gal!

Junior Shoot-off

Every junior in the match competes, solo for time, for a $500 cash prize put up by an anonymous donor. Thanks Ms. Anonymous! Winner takes $250, then $100, $100, and $50

Steel All Day Everyday

We spit in the face of ammo "shortages"...hah! How? We have a pretty big facility, and we always (as in permanently) have 4 stages of action steel, and 2 steel practice bays out front. Over 150 steel targets up at anytime.

So bring some ammo and have fun! Each steel stage is 20 rounds (if you don't miss). $10 lets you play as much as you want for the day. So come early, look at the stages and warm up the "fun way". All of this is within 40 yards of the main match, and right by where you park for the match.

Bring ammo, bring a .22 pistol or carbine, and have a good time!

Training

Click here to sign up for these classes.

https://bookwhen.com/ec65k

Babes with Bullets Camp

A Babes with Bullets Camp Mon/Tue of the Match week. Tune up before the match! Contact me for details. Ladies only, and some USPSA experience is recommended. Cost $400

Free clinic for Vets, Prior Service, and Junior Shooters.

Mike Hughes, Eddie Garcia, and Manny Bragg will instruct. This is Thursday - all day.

We welcome ammo donations in support of this project.

Hunting Shack of Montana has stepped up again with rounds - thanks HSM! That's even more important in these odd times. Help appreciated.

We also had a donation of 2000 rounds from an anonymous donor. Thanks Mr. Anonymous!

So don't let ammo keep you from taking advantage of this awesome instruction!

Note that this class is light - we need more students, and have extended it to Law Enforcement.

Manny Bragg USPSA Course

Manny Bragg will host a course for up to 8 students Mon/Tue FOLLOWING the match. After training you will reshoot the Area 1 match, as the stages are set, only squeezing awesomeness out of it. This class sold out last year and reports I have from attendees were universally excellent. I also had the good fortune to observe their use of the stages after and it's incredibly useful to train on the "real thing". My son and I have both had classes from Manny in the past, and they've been very very helpful. Cost $450

So I see the Range Map bays for a "TBD .22 side match" and another for a "Side Match". Anybody have any info about either?

Thanks

Sure, I have a little info that I got in an email:

Side Matches & Shoot-offs & Steel Out Front

All squads will rotate through 2 side-matches. And you can come back in your off-time and try them multiple times.

The finals of these events will happen during the arbitration period, and we will have bleachers to watch the fun from!

Centerfire 2x4 Blast

Simple. 2 person teams tag team to shoot a 2x4 in half. 1/2 the pot goes to a shoot-off during the arbitration period where 6 teams shoot at once to decide who takes what cash. Give your team a name, be on more than one team, be your OWN team (if you want to run back tag yourself and run forward again). Fun!

Action Target Rimfire Extravaganza

Action Target has a new .22 line of targets. We will provide ammunition & uber accurate/reliable Browning Buckmarks (or bring your own). The top 8 win targets, in their order of preference. Proceeds from this go to our range's improvement fund. And your help is welcome!

Also, given the shortage of .22 ammo in our region, if you can bring a brick, or box of 500 and let us know, we would appreciate it!

Top Gun Shoot-off

Top 2 shooters in recognized division shoot off for $100 cash per division. Then Division shoot-off winners battle for a winner takes all $200 pot. Handicap... the Match Director decides if the Revolver competitor needs a bit of help over the Open gal!

Junior Shoot-off

Every junior in the match competes, solo for time, for a $500 cash prize put up by an anonymous donor. Thanks Ms. Anonymous! Winner takes $250, then $100, $100, and $50

Steel All Day Everyday

We spit in the face of ammo "shortages"...hah! How? We have a pretty big facility, and we always (as in permanently) have 4 stages of action steel, and 2 steel practice bays out front. Over 150 steel targets up at anytime.

So bring some ammo and have fun! Each steel stage is 20 rounds (if you don't miss). $10 lets you play as much as you want for the day. So come early, look at the stages and warm up the "fun way". All of this is within 40 yards of the main match, and right by where you park for the match.

Bring ammo, bring a .22 pistol or carbine, and have a good time!

Training

Click here to sign up for these classes.

https://bookwhen.com/ec65k

Babes with Bullets Camp

A Babes with Bullets Camp Mon/Tue of the Match week. Tune up before the match! Contact me for details. Ladies only, and some USPSA experience is recommended. Cost $400

Free clinic for Vets, Prior Service, and Junior Shooters.

Mike Hughes, Eddie Garcia, and Manny Bragg will instruct. This is Thursday - all day.

We welcome ammo donations in support of this project.

Hunting Shack of Montana has stepped up again with rounds - thanks HSM! That's even more important in these odd times. Help appreciated.

We also had a donation of 2000 rounds from an anonymous donor. Thanks Mr. Anonymous!

So don't let ammo keep you from taking advantage of this awesome instruction!

Note that this class is light - we need more students, and have extended it to Law Enforcement.

Manny Bragg USPSA Course

Manny Bragg will host a course for up to 8 students Mon/Tue FOLLOWING the match. After training you will reshoot the Area 1 match, as the stages are set, only squeezing awesomeness out of it. This class sold out last year and reports I have from attendees were universally excellent. I also had the good fortune to observe their use of the stages after and it's incredibly useful to train on the "real thing". My son and I have both had classes from Manny in the past, and they've been very very helpful. Cost $450

Thanks! I got into the match late and didn’t see that email.

OK, latest Wunderground weather:

Wed: 100 -Sunny

Thurs: 99

Friday:93

Saturday:95

Sunday:91

Make sure you drink a lot of H2O. If you think you have enough - drink more.

Just got this email from Ken ...

Last Minute Info for You

Open Spots

In a match this big, there is friction with attendees. So in last couple days we've had some dropouts. Those open spots, shown in the squadding below, are available first come first serve. You can email me to snag one or more of the spots. First come first serve.

Squads:

https://clubs.practiscore.com/2013-uspsa-area-1-championship/squadding

Directions to the range:

http://www.area1championship.com on the main page.

Squad/Schedule Matrix

It's on the Stages page of Area1Championship.com. Direct link here:

http://area1championship.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-A1-Squad-Matrix.pdf

Note that the Sunday schedule will likely change, with the break period either gone, or shortened.

Wed/Thu shooters. First shots at 12:00 Wed.

Staff - certified and other, staff meeting 0930 Wed.

Weather

Click here to see latest forecast. On the warm side, but sunny. Thankfully, all stages have copious shade available.

Bring Extra Ammo

You will have lots of things to shoot at with 2 side stages, and also Farley Collin's new Irish Plate Rack (google it), plus you just might be in a shoot off...

Questions, Lost, or Confused?

Email or call my cell at (435) 703 2897.

Thinking of riding out on motorcycle from Colorado. Can anyone speak to road condition to range? Packed surface is fine, but heavily rutted or loose gravel will be a problem. Would hate to ride 700+ miles and have to hitchhike last couple miles in, heh.

A pic from the match... Bob Wolf and his amazing artistry abound.

Wolf is pretty awesome. I bet he spent at least 2 weeks working his ass off at the range to get things ready.

A pic from the match... Bob Wolf and his amazing artistry abound.

Wolf is pretty awesome. I bet he spent at least 2 weeks working his ass off at the range to get things ready.

The Dino alone took him three weeks. I'm constantly amazed at the tremendous work the St George group does. I remember there were some that had concern that the club was too small to be able to get all the work done before the match last year. I was pleasantly surprised last year. This year was even better. Thanks to all the staff but the St George crew in particular for the year round work they do to improve.

Yup, Ken and the SGU folks put on another classic! Thanks for the effort! See you next year...

Later,

Chuck

I second that... it was my first ever Area match and had an awesome time with old and new friends. Experience was great that my mistakes did not bother me as bad. Will definitely shoot there again. Thank you to Ken and crew for such a well ran match!

This was an awesome match - we encountered exactly zero logistical hiccups of any kind, which is impressive given any manner of event on this scale.

Also, Ken is the freaking man... He did a hell of a job putting on a match given relatively little experience. Not only that, but at around 9pm yesterday - the day the match ended - I was in the parking lot of the match hotel looking for my belt rig, and found that I had left it at the range. Oddly enough Chuck Anderson was just unpacking his car down the row from me, and it turns out he knew where my rig was. He called Ken who showed up at the range ten (!) minutes later to get my belt back for me, as we were leaving at 4AM the next day (today).

Freaking awesomeness, all around.

Wow! Looks like it was a heck of a match.

Top 6 combined (5 open, 1 limited shooter) were within 2.5% of each other. Top 3 were within 1%! I bet there were some anxious folks waiting on the final scores!

Congrats to all! :cheers: