Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that in the past there was a 1 day junior and military vet clinic the day before the match started...will that be happening in 2013?

I guarantee Ken is thinking about it and I've already talked to a couple guys interested in teaching. It'll be a bit trickier this year because the schedule is changing. Area 1 has done a junior class on the Friday of the match for the last couple years. We opened up to military vets last year and it was an even bigger success. Mike Hughes and Manny Bragg were great instructors. Now we just need to get a third to fill in the last spot because the guy this year was kind of lame.

• 3 weeks later...

From Area 1 Website:

Registration information:

Registration opens 17 Sept 2012 at 6PM MST. All may register, Area 1 residents will be approved into the match immediately. Those outside Area 1 will be pulled in on Dec 15, 2012, in the order received. You will squad online after payment, starting 25 Sept.

Utah follows Daylight Savings, Arizona does not

I don't agree with the Area 1 residents-only policy of this match, but it is what it is. But do you have to allow them to squad first, too?

Yup. Wait list can not squad. Or at least, that's what happened last year.

Edited by ChuckS

I don't agree with the Area 1 residents-only policy of this match, but it is what it is. But do you have to allow them to squad first, too?

Yup. Wait list can not squad. Or at least, that's what happened last year.

Am I wrong, but is this the only Area Match that give's Area folks a head start? :surprise:

You should boycott the match..... That will show em

edit.

Edited by beltjones

What I could do is ask my AD and the MD of the 2013 Area 4 match to not let anyone from Area 1 register until 3 months after the registration goes live. That might get the point across better than your boycott idea.

You totally should..... That will stick it to them

What I could do is ask my AD and the MD of the 2013 Area 4 match to not let anyone from Area 1 register until 3 months after the registration goes live. That might get the point across better than your boycott idea.

Andy, do what you gotta do. If you feel the need to try and get Troy to exclude Area 1 members then that's your issue. As far as Area 1 we'll keep doing the same thing we've done for the last several years. At least until some folks from Area 1 tell me to stop doing it. I'm sure there must be a couple of them but I haven't heard from a single one who doesn't think this is OK. As far as squadding, A1 is a 2 1/2 day format this year. Everyone will shoot Fri/Sat/Sun except for staff of course. The only difference in squadding will be whether you shoot AM/PM/early AM or PM/AM/late AM. If someone has a major issue with needing to be on a flight or back to work, let me or the MD know and we'll see what we can do, as always.

Andy, out of curiousity, how many Area 1 matches have you been to?