Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let the primer shortage begin!

Sarge

If you are newer than me in this game and did not go through the primer shortage of a few years back do yourself a favor and max out a credit card on a primer order.

I talked to our local guy who really sells a ton of primers and powder. He said he has not received a Win SPP in 3 months and Fed SPP's went straight to backordered when he ordered. Funny how he said Rifle primers were doing better than last time so far. He also can not get his hands on any 9mm ammo. He has been completely out for some time now.

Powder so far is not a problem-yet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powder Valley has both in stock. Extrapolating a primer shortage from one data point seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Oh it's real. Just wait and see.

It will happen. We do it to ourselves around the elections. Manufactures don't have to increase production to make more money. They just sit back and let us fear a shortage and we start stock piling on reloading components when they become hard to find and are at the highest price.

Rant off...

Sarge, did you buy stock in all the primer manufacturer companies? :roflol:

Now that sounds like a sound investment!cheers.gif

But I did get sponsored by a primer company this year! All they could send me was 1000 primers though. You know, what with the shortage and all!devil.gif

Sarge, did you buy stock in all the primer manufacturer companies? :roflol:

Heck with credit card I'm cashing in the 401k and putting it all in primers under the bed. :roflol:

Naw think I'll just hang on a while with the 50k primers I have on hand.

I heard a couple of guys talking doom and gloom about this a few weeks ago when the DHS announced it's 450million round .40 buy. But, the news said that buy is over a five year period so who knows how much that is going to soak up primer supply. Anybody know what Winchester or CCI or Fed produces in an average year?

Please lock this thread and throw away the key.

Certainly looks like the thread has ran its course.

The Hate forum is for rants, not discussions or debates. Since this thread contains debate, it has been locked. Please re-read the Hate forum guidelines found Here. If anyone has anything of value to add that complies with the rules, please contact a moderator for assistance.

Thank you,

Micah

The Moderating Team

And fwiw I have one shooting season purchased in advance in primers, powder, and bullets. Brass is a non-issue since I shoot Production. During the last shortage I was forced to use Winchester/CCI primers...and lemmie tell ya, they do not let you get away in regards to striker fired pistols with much as opposed to Federal primers.

450 million rounds is something like 10 rounds per gun owner in the US. Over 5 years.

That said, primers don't ever seem to get cheaper, unless it's coming off a panic buying season.