Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really a matter of what do you want out of your gun? The SJC gives you basically any holster option on the market. The Carver will add weight to your gun, and add it low and forward.

I've been asked a bunch of times "how is it that KC runs a Carver, but you run an SJC and you shoot for Bobby?"

Answer- I'm not KC. If you put a repeating rubber band gun in his hands, the man can win. That said, I dot have any good experience with a CR holster. Not saying its a bad holster at all. Just saying we don't get along.

Have you had the opportunity to shoot either option?

Yeah, it's a great option for them. I've tried it, but could never get used to the loss of the left eye peripheral. To each his own, as they say. Bottom line is go with what you feel will work for you as a shooter. If it feels good, and you shoot well, then nothing else really matters.

i have a g22 open gun project that i have been working on. As far as comps i have tried the jager 4 port and the carver (3 port i believe). The carver to me feels like it shoots flatter and softer than the jager. I have not tried the sjc but like others have said it is very long. I also have the sjc 90* mount and love it. The dot is very close to the slide and is a very solid mount. I do agree that the peripheral on the right are bad.

Anybody know if it is possible to get a threaded G35 to 9mm conversion barrel? Probably asking too much...have a G35 that I almost never use and could make it into an open gun...

I see so many people with the slide mounted optic and maybe if open was to be a primary division would maybe think harder on the optic mount on the frame. But as far as slide moving back and forth that is nill in my consideration as the slide should be moving a lil quicker than the eye could keep up with for the most part

I'll disagree on that point.

Not only is the "object of our desire" moving, but it is often a smaller object...when mounted on the slide. I think it is at a disadvantage vs. a stationary dot, especially if the dot lense is bigger.

And I'm thinking my thought on .357 sig are out the window. Can't even find good dies for that caliber

Dillon carbide for sizing, Lyman m for expanding, Redding comp seating, and lee FCD collet crimp. It's the perfect setup for 357 SIG.

And I'm thinking my thought on .357 sig are out the window. Can't even find good dies for that caliber

I used LEE dies and never had any problems. I had a .40 carbide sizer in the 1st station, and steel LEE 357sig sizer in the 2nd station. I used one shot and the press ran just as smooth as any other caliber.

Ordered a couple last minute items for the gun today. Placed an order with Zev and went ahead and bought the fulcrum trigger and extended ejector. I already have Zev's firing pin to match the trigger. As far as magazine extension, I have ordered a couple Dawson extensions as well. Everything should be here early next week so I can finish the entire gun.

Lastly, I am using a Carver Customs mount. What holsters will my gun fit? I see that Carver sells a modified CR Speed Holster but before I order one of those, what are my other options?

OK. Thanks guys. Anyone tried to modify one themselves? I have a buddy who can get the discount from Brownells on the CR Speed holster and would only cost me $87 instead of $100+.

I took about a year off from shooting...this was my first match back after basically not touching a gun in 12 months.

My Open Glock seemed to run well enough...It clearly out-shot me :goof: This is the first time I've really even shot it since I built it last Fall.