Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might need one. not sure if i want to sleep on the floor again. slept on the floor how many matches in a row already lmao. do you have a reservation? shooting pro or am?

Shooting the Pro, staying at the Days Inn in Glasgow. You're welcome to split it with me.

i am going on saturday and was wondering about the side matches. can anyone get in? what gun or guns do you shoot? do you shoot yours or theirs? i have never shot in a competition so i have no idea what to expect. thanks for any info

The side/demo matches are open to everyone and worth the trip. There will also be vender displays and an outdoor banquet every night. The side/demo matches supply the equipment.

Quick note - Everyone on the property (includes visitors, whether they want to shoot side matches or not) will need to stop by the Lodge to sign a waiver.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

803-629-7095

Anyone know if the withdraw date with a refund has passed? Unfortunately I may have to give up my spot.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a doctor's excuse? E-mail Linda and she answer your question.

Anyone know if the withdraw date with a refund has passed? Unfortunately I may have to give up my spot.

I got a blown motor in my car, how's that for an excuse? Was on my way home from Creekside when it decided to call it quits. Was working on a new load for the AR.

I've got an email into Linda, I'm awaiting an "are you friggin kidding me." response.

Edited by Outsydlooknin75

Another stupid rule question; can we "burn" rounds? Specifically with the shotgun? IF so any associated rules like; into a berm, greater than X distance from the shooter, etc.?

Thanks,

Getting close, can't wait,

David E.

I got a blown motor in my car, how's that for an excuse? Was on my way home from Creekside when it decided to call it quits. Was working on a new load for the AR.

I've got an email into Linda, I'm awaiting an "are you friggin kidding me." response.

Driving up Wednesday if you want a ride. Probably could get a rental in Nashville or hook up with one of the PB bunnies shooting the match for rides from hotel. Not having a car sucks, though.

Another stupid rule question; can we "burn" rounds? Specifically with the shotgun? IF so any associated rules like; into a berm, greater than X distance from the shooter, etc.?

Thanks,

Getting close, can't wait,

David E.

If you want to empty a single round,just take 2 shots at your last target. Probably not a good idea to "burn" rounds at any match.

Nuke, typically so long as you don't scare the RO we're OK with burning a round, but you also have to account for where the round went, like in the ground or in the sky, shotguns rounds (shot) put in the ground towards a target are good, slug rounds, are the same provided you account for their final resting place.

In the end Kurt and I will be determining what scary or unsafe is or is not.

Trapr

So a lot has changed sense i started asking questions about 3 gun and the pro am. I have been shooting a lot of different shotguns and now i have added one more. I am now shooting a shotgun that will hold 10 rounds in the magazine tube and one in the chamber. I know i can only have 8 in the tube to start any stage with the shotgun. And i know that i can load to the full capacity of the tube any time after the buzzer sounds.

Now my question. Can i start a stage with extra rounds in my hand or do they have to be in a shell caddie? I am looking at this for the AM stage 6. Start position is shotgun at low ready. I can have the shotgun at low ready with 2 extra rounds in my hand, but is it legal?

Thanks for your answers and can't wait to meet some of you next weekend.

So a lot has changed sense i started asking questions about 3 gun and the pro am. I have been shooting a lot of different shotguns and now i have added one more. I am now shooting a shotgun that will hold 10 rounds in the magazine tube and one in the chamber. I know i can only have 8 in the tube to start any stage with the shotgun. And i know that i can load to the full capacity of the tube any time after the buzzer sounds.

Now my question. Can i start a stage with extra rounds in my hand or do they have to be in a shell caddie? I am looking at this for the AM stage 6. Start position is shotgun at low ready. I can have the shotgun at low ready with 2 extra rounds in my hand, but is it legal?

Thanks for your answers and can't wait to meet some of you next weekend.

Every match I have RO'd low ready is low ready, hands are on gun. If your hands are on the gun that means there is no ammo I'm them.