Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA election results...

Flexmoney

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had seen that forum but there was not much there. Alan Meek had some stuff up and that was it. Not real helpful. Maybe for next years elections it can improve and the participation as well.

i did not get a ballot how long do you have to be a member to get a ballot.

According to the USPSA bylaws:

6.3 Eligibility to Vote:

Eligibility to vote requires a current USPSA membership with an original membership date prior to May 1 of the year of the election.

Did you join prior to May 1?

My wife got her ballot, mine must be in limbo. :unsure:

You can tell who rates in your house :roflol:

I'm surprised the dog didn't get one! :roflol:

Associate Members also get a ballot, right? biggrin.gif

They do! My wife is an associate member. We don't need 2 magazines. The dog rates more in the house than I do at times. :goof:

[if we can keep this about information and news...and not politics...we can share some info here and not be outside the forum rules]

Despite Kyle's opening reminder, I just had to remove a couple of political posts. It would be a shame to have to shut down a thread, that should be about encouraging folks to vote --- not for whom to vote. Thank you,

Been a bit busy with matches & did not get to this thread until tonight.

I have a few comments about on-line or electronic ballots. I have been an elected officer at my local gun club for a decade or two now. Over the years, we shifted to more on-line & electronic systems (electronic gate, online renewal forms, online member searchable database with 4 items of required information -- like bank security & not just a password or PIN number). We were still using paper ballots until 4 years ago. As the club membership approached 1000, it got to be very labor intensive for the volunteer group that had to create, mail, collect & count ballots. Like several posts here, I assumed the dismal 25% to 30% rate of return would improve when the process was "easier." Nope. Still 30% or lower, even in contested elections.

My observtion has been that people vote when they are mad or inspired. If they are angry or annoyed, they cast a ballot to change the leadership. If they are inspired by ideas or plans, or they personally know a candidate, they cast a vote of support. The vast group in the middle do not vote. Making it easier, convenient, or quicker will not necessarily change their behavior.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

USPSA A6 Director

Edited by LChico

Over the years, we shifted to more on-line & electronic systems (electronic gate, online renewal forms, online member searchable database with 4 items of required information -- like bank security & not just a password or PIN number)

What individual or group of people (by position, not name) has access to the database, or root/administrative access to the server on which it is hosted? What procedures do you follow to assure that your server remains hardened and all operating system vulnerabilities that become known are fixed?

If it's anyone other than a trusted independent entity, the election process is below the level of professionalism that would be appropriate for USPSA.