Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA election results...

Flexmoney

[if we can keep this about information and news...and not politics...we can share some info here and not be outside the forum rules]

First off...thanks to ALL that threw their hat into the ring!

I just received an email with the results (which should mean that Dave T. was able to contact all the rest of those that ran).

I wasn't surprised to hear...

Nobody received a majority. (Our bylaws call for a winner to receive > 50% of the vote, or they take the top two and have a runoff election.)

I'll add more info later.

For the runoff election:

Area 5 Director

- Kyle Farris

- Tom Drazy

President

- Michael Voigt

- Phil Strader

Here are the USPSA bylaw sections that are applicable: Bylaws_Article_6.5_thru_6.7.pdf

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received an email with the results (which should mean that Dave T. was able to contact all the rest of those that ran).

I wasn't surprised to hear...

Nobody received a majority. (Our bylaws call for a winner to receive > 50% of the vote, or they take the top two and have a runoff election.)

I'...

They emailed you? Just shows things get done differently year to year. Dave Thomas called me last year with the Area 6 results, and he hadn't gotten hold of Linda Chico yet. I had her cell phone number so I called her at competitor checkin at the Multigun Nationals and told her she had won.

Congratulations on making the runoff.

They emailed you? Just shows things get done differently year to year. Dave Thomas called me last year with the Area 6 results, and he hadn't gotten hold of Linda Chico yet. I had her cell phone number so I called her at competitor checkin at the Multigun Nationals and told her she had won.

He called yesterday, but hadn't yet got in contact with all the (8?) people running. The email with the additional info (the count and the bylaws)...that came in today.

Kind of disapointing only 28% / 30% voting.

It is sad. I know I have done about all I can to push and beg people to vote in the past two elections. I would almost like to know the voting by section and thus the associated participation rates.

I know Rob Boudrie mentioned something about this in a completely separate post - but has USPSA put forth any real effort to look at online voting? I know if corporations can do Proxy Votes online, there has to be an acceptable level of assurance available to us for our voting......assuming the costs for such a service isn't beyond ridiculous that is.

Way back in grade school I remember reading a book or a chapter of a book called "A Third of a Nation". Seems that during the War for Independence 1/3 were neutral, 1/3 were against and 1/3 were in favor. Ever since we seems to have about 1/3 of a Nation that cares enough to vote. Doesn't seem to matter whether it is a club, a state or the country.