Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA election results...

Flexmoney

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the respective winners.

Its of little consequence now, but how to address the issue of USPSA oversea's members whom only received the voting forms last week for the election runoffs.

No I am not a member, but there are some members in our club here whom are USPSA members, so when I asked them over the weekend have they sent in the forms for the elections they replied no, as they indicated they only received the envelopes on the 30th November. So if this effected members here, what about other in other countries where their are members.

Cheers ....

This should answer that :

From BOD meeting.

- It will allow internet voting, but also allow members to cast their ballot via US Mail. Internet voting will be conducted on a server under the control of the election firm; not USPSA staff, officers or volunteers

From BOD meeting.

- It will allow internet voting, but also allow members to cast their ballot via US Mail. Internet voting will be conducted on a server under the control of the election firm; not USPSA staff, officers or volunteers

Hi,

If this reply is an answer to my query, from my understanding what you quoted would be for future elections. My question was in regards to the recent runoff for President.

Cheers ....

From BOD meeting.

Hi,

If this reply is an answer to my query, from my understanding what you quoted would be for future elections. My question was in regards to the recent runoff for President.

Cheers ....

There is no provision in the current bylaws for lost or late ballots. Basically if they didn't get them, they didn't vote. There is no provision to over turn the election we just had. The election is over.

I like the fact that USPSA is an organziation that is run by the consent of the governed.

Nice philosophy, but rarely happens in fact. Just because a person is elected to an office by "the people", that doesn't mean the person will do what "the people" want.

We have what is knows as a Representative Republic, not a Democracy. A Democracy, with all decisions made based on the vote of "the people", is prone to mob [majority] rule. A Representative Republic, in which elected Representatives make decisions that they believe to be in the best interests of the Republic, do not necessarily make the decision that the majority favor.

A Representative Republic, in which elected Representatives make decisions that they believe to be in the best interests of the Republic, do not necessarily make the decision that the majority favor.

Or, as it is now, no decisions at all...

A Representative Republic, in which elected Representatives make decisions that they believe to be in the best interests of the Republic, do not necessarily make the decision that the majority favor.

Yes, because we're too stupid to know what is best for ourselves. Thank goodness Big Brother is here to take care of all our needs.

Or, as it is now, no decisions at all...

Yes, because we're too stupid to know what is best for ourselves. Thank goodness Big Brother is here to take care of all our needs.

Cool it.

This ain't the place for that and any repeat performances will not be viewed favorably.

The results are what they are.

If you want to complain, please contact your Area Director:

http://www.uspsa.org...-contact-us.php

Congrats to Flex and Phil. Tough to see a showdown between two very nice guys for A5 director, but it'd be hard to go wrong with either one of them.

Agreed. I've only met Tom a couple of times, but I don't think you could find a more well-intended or capable candidate for AD. My thanks to both Tom and Kyle for stepping up and volunteering for the position.

And that brings me to....Gary.

What a guy....

I don't even know if he was an Area Director when I first met him. Maybe he was. I just know he was "OK" (high praise).

When I did learn he was an AD I was comforted by the belief that he represented USPSA shooters as a whole and not only within his area. I knew that he held the entire organization foremost.

And one last note....thanks Gary for pushing forward as Godfather to the SSTK division!

(and he can shoot!)