Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

I thought everyone did a great job, especially Sheldon and Marcy, match ran on time, very smooth. Sheldon was everywhere and he had the hardest job of anyone. Running the match, plus being having to be the bearer of bad news, and thats no fun.

Having the local police at the exit as we were leaving was a real nice for every ones safety. Thanks.

Ron, since you did see me run it , how do you know it choked??

To be clear, It ran on 2,3 , 8, 10, 11. Slug ftf, on 1,re rack on 2 and a mag lock up on 6, from cruiser ready, had to change mags and then it ran. Not perfect but not bad for its first match. Less problems than some, more than others, from what I heard it ran as well as any of your guns.

Dave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheldon and Marcy, you guys did an amazing job and "thanks" doesn't begin to cover it. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. The size of this match was staggering but it was pulled off so smoothly. You guys were grace under pressure out there! I enjoyed working the match with my fellow RO's - amazing hard working bunch of guys! The competitors were friendly and patient with us in spite of some waiting around in weather conditions ranging from cold mornings, blazing afternoon heat, rain, blowing dust, and high wind gusts. The super squad that 3 Gun Nation was following around especially stands out in my mind. Those guys picked up every last shotgun hull on our shotgun stage (10) before they left! That really helped us out and we really appreciated it!

Many thanks to our match sponsors, especially Mark LaRue and company. LaRue Tactical's generous support of the shooting sports is amazing. We were treated like family the whole weekend by LaRue's staff. Thanks for generously donating to the prize table and for keeping us fed and hydrated over the long weekend. You guys are the best!

Thanks, Sheldon and Marcy and all who worked hard to put on a great match. The Ro's were fantastic. This was my son's first big match and each of the RO's gave him pointers. We will be back.

gerritm

I'm looking for Michael Nitzschke. He shot in squad 14. I walked the prize table for him as he ran out of time an had to go catch a plane. Anyway, I've lost his business card and have no way of contacting him. So if you know Michael, please shoot me a note so I can send him his swag.

Thanks,

Scooty

Great match. Thanks to the VERY hard working staff and sponsors. It is an impressive feat to get that many shooters through 12 stages in 2.5 days. The stages were challenging yet well designed so that shooters got moved through them quickly.

Very different match from SMM3G. Texas placed far more importance on pistol shooting than SMM3G (which treats the pistol as the red headed step child - funny since it is Rio Salado). Rio on the other hand designs stages that typically require more strategery. Texas stages are pretty much shot nearly the same way by everybody.

Dislikes? I hate the 3 gun nation pc target. Uggh. I understand why it was being used but still. I also did not care for the foot faults on Stage 11. They served no purpose and the shooter was not provided with a raised fault line that they could feel it with their foot.

Observations? Ty Gentry (Otto Products Vest) and James Casonova (Carbon Arms) - among others - are fantastically impressive with the new Load 2/Quad load/whatever it is called shotgun loading style.

And look out Daniel and Taran, Nils is getting stronger! If he'd had a real scope, he might have been able to do it.

Headed home - Exit 874 on I-10. Are we EVER going to get out of Texas? We had a great time. Thank you, all the RO's and everybody who had a part in making this a great match.

I thought everyone did a great job, especially Sheldon and Marcy, match ran on time, very smooth. Sheldon was everywhere and he had the hardest job of anyone. Running the match, plus being having to be the bearer of bad news, and thats no fun.

Having the local police at the exit as we were leaving was a real nice for every ones safety. Thanks.

To be clear, It ran on 2,3 , 8, 10, 11. Slug ftf, on 1,re rack on 2 and a mag lock up on 6, from cruiser ready, had to change mags and then it ran. Not perfect but not bad for its first match. Less problems than some, more than others, from what I heard it ran as well as any of your guns.

Dave

Dave did some impressive work with that shotgun, which I had the pleasure to witness 1st hand. I believe his score on stage 10 was well up near the top.

Dave

Dave that sounds zakley like the story you told me while we were hanging out wating on the goodie table. :devil:

And yes Sheldon exceeded all expectations as did Marcey they worked hard and long on this match, and it showed. I have not been to any BIG 3 GUN matches, but they sure set a high standard for the next one I go to. :bow:

Dave

Dave that sounds zakley like the story you told me while we were hanging out wating on the goodie table. :devil:

And yes Sheldon exceeded all expectations as did Marcey they worked hard and long on this match, and it showed. I have not been to any BIG 3 GUN matches, but they sure set a high standard for the next one I go to. :bow:

Ron, you can no longer say you've never been to a BIG 3-gun match. You've been to one of, if not THE, biggest, as of last weekend.

Justin

craftsquad.jpg

Pardon the completely inappropriate image but this match is a rocking good time!

Thank you Mr. LaRue - BBQ Brisket and donuts too, BRILLIANT! Thank you Sheldon, Marcie and all the staff for their hard work. And finally thank you squad 19 for making it so much dang fun.

Just got back to Kentucky.

Great match. Probably the most hospitable group I have been aroung yet at a major 3-gun. Food, drinks..free. Who's Idea was it to buy doughnuts? I love this person whoever they are. I was hopped up on BBQ suace and sugar the entire time.

Squad 2. I enjoyed shooting with you guys.

Sheldon, Marcy, Kyle, and the staff...you guys rock! Texas is where it is at for great shooting and terrific folks to hang out with.

For those of you who didn't shoot WWII, here's what you missed:

A huge thanks to Sheldon and Marcy Carruth, the match staff, ROs, and match sponsors (especially LaRue Tactical!) for making this match great!

Just got back to the Land of Enchantment. What a great match. All the ROs were great! (well, Jamie, maybe above average--you know the dancing for points thingy). Sheldon and Marcy--fantastic match! the WWII re-enactment was over the top. Seeya next year for sure, (Lord willing).

Just got back to the Land of Enchantment. What a great match. All the ROs were great! (well, Jamie, maybe above average--you know the dancing for points thingy). Sheldon and Marcy--fantastic match! the WWII re-enactment was over the top. Seeya next year for sure, (Lord willing).

you better, who else am i gonna ask to squad with and have dinner with? :eatdrink:

Observations? Ty Gentry (Otto Products Vest) and James Casonova (Carbon Arms) - among others - are fantastically impressive with the new Load 2/Quad load/whatever it is called shotgun loading style.

You ain't kidding. We were lucky enough to have Ty come shoot a local 3gun with us. On our last stage there was about 50 yards between position one and position two. You were probaly empty or damn near it when it was time to move and he hit that 50 yards at a dead sprint all the way down and had that gun totally topped offbefore he came to position two. He's a bad mofo. :D

What a great match!! Very well run, strait forward and organized. Thanks to all ROs. I really enjoyed shooting on squad 7 and look forward to shooting with them all again.

Wynn, I never realized you had a foote fetish.

What a great match!! Very well run, strait forward and organized. Thanks to all ROs. I really enjoyed shooting on squad 7 and look forward to shooting with them all again.

Ditto for squad 7! Let's do it again next year! :-) The match was marvelously run! Thanks to the MD and all the RO's for a job very well done!!

The Garand was a bloody HOOT to compete with! <SEG> What's going to be the theme for next time?

Good Luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy