Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Updated 3 Gun Mation Pro standings are out.

http://3gunnation.co...erall_standings

I would guess that those will be out in the next few days. They have to finish the competitor list since registration just closed this week. Then they have to sort through the scores from all divisions from two matches to find everyone. Sounds like a PIA for someone! The pro list is easy since its all TO and they already had a competitor list from the first event.

What about the semi-pro or amatuer standings, do you know if those are posted yet or not?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do enjoy shooting movers/swingers/spinners etc., and think the added challenge is worth a little extra reset time.

Yeah but a "little extra reset time" times 438 shooters is a lot of time. If it took an extra minute per shooter to go downrange and reset a mover that is 7.3 hours total.

There are plenty of other smaller matches with those...

Edited by BigLucky

I do enjoy shooting movers/swingers/spinners etc., and think the added challenge is worth a little extra reset time.

Yeah but a "little extra reset time" times 438 shooters is a lot of time. If it took an extra minute per shooter to go downrange and reset a mover that is 7.3 hours total.

I don't think it would have added up to that much extra reset time to throw in a few movers. I guess the question is how much of the "practical" roots of the sport are you willing to sacrifice for expediency. Like many here, I'm a husband and father who takes responsibility for protecting his family, etc. For me, that's the most important reason to be proficient with firearms. That brings us to the fact that a threat is rarely going to stand still while you shoot at him. I also doubt that everyone who shot the match is fortunate enough to have local matches with movers. I'm not slamming the match, just making a suggestion.

I would have enjoyed seeing a texas star or two and some other props that move. I was actually kind of surprised we didn't see some of the standard props we see at our local and larger matches.

Having run some small scale 3 gun matches, taking the time to reset movers & the potential for reshoots/broken movers is probably the reason there were not any at this match. I would say Kurt's approximation of reset time is an absolute minimum. There just isn't enough time with well over 400 shooters. I prefer things move along at a good pace than to have a few movers, personally.

For those of you that don't have the opportunity to shoot movers at your local clubs, I am sorry, but running a match with movers just adds LOTS more issues. If you are involved in 3 gun locally, try to see if they will let you volunteer to help setup a stage & put all the movers in you want. You may find the headaches are not worth the efforts. Most clubs need all the volunteer help they can get & anyone willing to step up to help with a good positive attitude is almost always welcome.

MLM

I like shooting a Texas Star as much as anyone but there is just no way that would have worked with that many shooters. The reset time just takes too long. See Big Lucky's post - it would literally add hours to the match.

All valid points and I understand why we didn't see any. I get the chance to shoot them quite often and do help set up and run a monthly local match. The match was great without any movers and stars!

I don't think it would have added up to that much extra reset time to throw in a few movers. I guess the question is how much of the "practical" roots of the sport are you willing to sacrifice for expediency. Like many here, I'm a husband and father who takes responsibility for protecting his family, etc. For me, that's the most important reason to be proficient with firearms. That brings us to the fact that a threat is rarely going to stand still while you shoot at him. I also doubt that everyone who shot the match is fortunate enough to have local matches with movers. I'm not slamming the match, just making a suggestion.

A match is for fun and testing the skills you already have with your friends and family. Its not the place to train or learn new skills. I am all for movers, texas stars, swingers etc. However this was still a great match without them. It had a flavor all its own and I liked it. I am sure they will surprize us next year with something totally different yet again.

Pat

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...