Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Why did daniel get to shoot through the middle barrels when we were told through the top ones only as I was on tip-toe and had a few problems. It was a great match but the R.O.'s on some stages needed to be more consistant.

The RO's told Squad 4 if anybody was height-challenged, to use the middle barrel.

as good as the RO-ing was, the most vertically challenged shooter on my squad ended up shooting through the top barrels, and not doing very well. i dont ever recall hearing anything to the contrary of the written course briefing being offered. IMO, course description should have been "through barrel of choice"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when 3 gun nation will have the semi pro yearly rankings posted showing results for this match and SMMG. Looks like the top 25 semi pros this year getta shootoff to get into the pro series next year!!!

Bets

The sign up deadline is April 30th so I'd guess sometime shortly after that.

Why did daniel get to shoot through the middle barrels when we were told through the top ones only as I was on tip-toe and had a few problems. It was a great match but the R.O.'s on some stages needed to be more consistant.

Benny, that simply isn't true. While the course description did read "top barrel", the concern over height was brought up by competitors early in the day on Friday. In fact, you were the first person to ask me about this on Friday. At the time, I wasn't certain since I was handling score sheets that morning while one of the other ROs handled the stage briefing. I had to go double check with the other ROs on the stage and I distinctly remember coming back and telling you that it was OK to shoot through the highest barrel that you could reach and you said "OK." If you shot through the top barrels, that was your choice to do so. If you had any questions about this when you shot, the RO running the timer probably asked if you understood the course of fire before giving you the command to make ready. Every squad was told that they could shoot through the top most barrel that each person could reach. Many shooters of shorter stature opted to shoot through the middle barrels.

All the RO's worked very hard to make this a fun, safe, and fair match. The concession made to allow shooting through the middle barrel was absolutely available for all shooters. I don't know how you missed this information when I spoke to you directly about it. Sometimes we forget things when the beep sounds. In any event, I don't see how it does any good to bring this up on a public forum a week after the match is over. Plenty of CROs and match directors were available when you shot the stage if you had any problems with how the stage was run.

It was a great match and I hope you enjoyed it.

-Mike

Yes I did not understand that I could shoot through the middle barrels and neither did the others in our squad I asked, but it's water under the bridge. I thought the match was good and focused on shooting and not as much on moveing. I will recommened it to anyone and all involved did a good job.Hope to see all next year if I still can shoot after surgery.

I had a great time and thought the match was well run. Squad 21 was a bunch of fun. I will definitely be back next year. I've been out of town since the match, so I just got around to editing my video. I was 89th in Tactical Optics out of 300+ competitors.

Anybody else want to shoot the WWII division again? i thought it was fun. (except the 3 times my op rod came off). i don't care about the theme of the match, i would like to try the WWII again. anyone else?

:cheers:

Anybody else want to shoot the WWII division again? i thought it was fun. (except the 3 times my op rod came off). i don't care about the theme of the match, i would like to try the WWII again. anyone else?

I'd love to shoot my M1 again or an M1A. So much more satisfying banging that steel with a 30 cal!

I'd shoot WWII division again! :-)

I'd shoot WWII division again! :-)

+1 :cheers:

I shot WW2 several times in the monthly matches...so, no. I am about out of M2 ball, and I am looking forward to shooting a rifle that goes "plink plink" not "BAM...BAM" :cheers:

Does anyone else think this match is big enough and bad enough to run it ProAm style like the match in Kentucky? How cool would it be to have 600+ shooters next year?

Sheldon is gonna kill me for suggesting more work for him and his crew but I hate to see Shooters missing out on this great experience.

Does anyone else think this match is big enough and bad enough to run it ProAm style like the match in Kentucky? How cool would it be to have 600+ shooters next year?

Sheldon is gonna kill me for suggesting more work for him and his crew but I hate to see Shooters missing out on this great experience.

Don't know how pro am worked,,,

I do know we could not have put more shooters through the stage, time and daylight we were busy the whole time,

I know I can only get so much time off of work, so even if you make the match a 5 day match,,, I know I can't get the day off,

There has to be a better way to run that many shooters. Granted I'm new to 3 gun and this was my 2nd major but the wait times between stages was something else. I was told by many a seasoned 3 gunner, that's the way it is. Saturday we waited 2.5 hours to shoot our last stage. Once we got on a stage, we were done in 35-40 minutes, we had a great squad, as did many others, why not a 1/2 day format?

I think the 3 gun nation squads should shoot on a separate day, though the TV crews did well with what they had, it did slow down the match. Cool to watch once, but after being behind them for 3 days, no thanks.

We wrere one squad ahead of the film crew and we were also the last squad done on Friday. I don't think they held up anything. The shoot was great and I like the more laid back approach instead of trying to cram everyone thru as fast as possible. I have been competing in everything from motocross to gun shoots and even archery stuff. You have wait times at all of them and this shoot was one of the best ran that I have been to in a long time. Can't wait for next year! Bringing more sun screen :)

We wrere one squad ahead of the film crew and we were also the last squad done on Friday. I don't think they held up anything. The shoot was great and I like the more laid back approach instead of trying to cram everyone thru as fast as possible. I have been competing in everything from motocross to gun shoots and even archery stuff. You have wait times at all of them and this shoot was one of the best ran that I have been to in a long time. Can't wait for next year! Bringing more sun screen :)

Glen, thanks for the feedback, and for your sponsorship of the match. The recipient of the rifle is VERY excited about it! I believe she shared her Facebook post on your FB page as well.

Justin

There has to be a better way to run that many shooters. Granted I'm new to 3 gun and this was my 2nd major but the wait times between stages was something else. I was told by many a seasoned 3 gunner, that's the way it is. Saturday we waited 2.5 hours to shoot our last stage. Once we got on a stage, we were done in 35-40 minutes, we had a great squad, as did many others, why not a 1/2 day format?

I think the 3 gun nation squads should shoot on a separate day, though the TV crews did well with what they had, it did slow down the match. Cool to watch once, but after being behind them for 3 days, no thanks.

There are a few matches that run the half day format and I'm a big fan! As the slowest member of the 3 gun nation squad I can assure you those guys didn't hold anything up. The camera crew was set and ready to go before walk through and those guys are super fast on the shooting. I had to fight Mike Voight and 3GN champion Tommy Thacker to set a piece of steel. They get after it!

I was thinking ProAm because there seems to be a huge following in the Dead Center of Texas for anything LaRue does including this match. So there were a bunch off new shooters present. I want to see that number grow. I could care less about myself getting done faster. New shooters and great sponsors is what makes this sport so great!

For those of you that haven't shot the ProAm it's basically two ,arches running simultaneously. Pros on more challenging stages and Ams on more accommodating stages with everyone coming together after the match for food and drink.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser