Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Sign in is just a few short hours away. For all of the competitors traveling from distance we wish you a safe trip to Central Texas and hope you will enjoy the weekend we have planned for you. Be ready to eat good BBQ, shoot alot of rounds and enjoy the company of like minded people. But first and foremost be a safe shooter for you, your family and those around you.

Thank you for participating and we hope to see you bright and early 0700 Friday morning ready to shoot.

2012 Texas Multigun Championship Staff

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotgun & rifle placed on a cart per rules can be from vehicle. Pistol cased until you find a safe table and place it in a holster per rules.

Jason

Thank you very much! Your other post about gun handling had me confused. Doesn't take much, I know, hahaha.

"The prefered method is to handle your firearms at a designated safe area on the range instead of your vehicle. As stated in the rules it is unsafe gun handling at your vehicle and may result in a match DQ. Until told otherwise bring your firearm cased to the safe area at the range under supervision of a RO to move to your buggy/cart."

See y'all tomorrow!

MLM

Not wanting to cause any problems but last year if I had a rd. left in shotgun I simply shot it at where the last target was to slide lock, dumped shotgun and went on.Just never seen this in a major match before. I will follow rules as best as I can and hope match is great.

Benny you had me all buffuddled, I was thing crap if I have 10 or 12 rounds in there then what. Well I figured it out I'm an "A" kind a shooter and you like option "B".1.9Grounding Firearms

During the course requirements of a multi-gun stage, a participant may be required to ground a firearm in

order to transition to another. The location and position of the grounded firearm will be specified in the

written stage description. A participant shall transition firearms by safely grounding a firearm using either of

the following acceptable and safe methods:

(a)

Loaded, safety engaged.

(B)

Unloaded. Note: For purposes of Texas Multigun, "unloaded" means:

(i)

Empty chamber and empty source (tube or magazine); or

(ii)

Empty chamber and magazine completely removed

Yep, most boomsticks have some sort of fancy lever/button that is called a "safety".

Just be glad they didn't choose the Eastern Front as a theme. You'd time out just trying to put the safety on a Mosin. :roflol:

Anyone else doing anything special to honor our Vets during the match? Please post pics now or after the match.

The Asiatic Pacific Campaign medal in my previous pic was my Grandfather's Colonel Joe F. "Big Daddy" Bourn Sr.

HCT_556 asked me to post this for him.

cfw.JPG

Great idea!

I intend to win the match to honor my Father who served in Vietnam and the first gulf war.

Schedule of Events 

Friday  - Shooters meeting @ 7:15 am. Shooting starts at 7:30 am. Scheduled to wrap up 7:40 pm.  

Saturday -  Shooters meeting @ 7:15 am. Shooting starts at 7:30 am. Scheduled to wrap up 7:40 pm. 

Sunday -  Shooters meeting @ 7:15 am. Shooting starts at 7:30 am. Scheduled to finish shooting 12:10 pm. 

WWII display, Final Scoring, Arbitration and Stage Tear Down starting @ 12:10 pm. 

3 Gun Nation Shoot Off at 1:20 pm. 

Prize Table scheduled to start 2:30 pm. 

Signed in. Sheldon and his crew have done a hell of a job!

They are busier than one armed paper hangers!

The range is laid out and the stages are fun. Straight forward. Fast resets are going to be the norm

Edited by SC-Texas

Also, spectators are more than welcome all 3 days.

There is no charge on Friday and Saturday, but there will be a $5 admission fee on Sunday. (WWII Demonstration Day)

Wait what? My wife has to pay $5 to come watch me shoot?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

There is no charge on Friday and Saturday, but there will be a $5 admission fee on Sunday. (WWII Demonstration Day)

Shit-I'd pay $5 to watch u shoot!

I believe the admission fee is going to benefit the Pacific Combat Living History Program, part of the National Museum of the Pacific War in Frederickburg, TX.

Some of the proceeds may go to other organizations, I am not 100% sure where it is going.

I believe the admission fee is going to benefit the Pacific Combat Living History Program, part of the National Museum of the Pacific War in Frederickburg, TX.

Some of the proceeds may go to other organizations, I am not 100% sure where it is going.

Yeah I don't really care just trying to give Sheldon grief.

Great first day! Had a blast especially on the 50 round pistol course. Met lots of people and saw some of the pro's shoot. I am happy with my performance so far. I was incredibly nervous on the first stage but then the stage fright started to go away. Thanks again to the RO's for a great match so far! A lot of people have seen my Alaska shirt and asked me if I am Alaskapopo. Met lots of forum members at the match.

Pat

As I was walking back to my room at the Motel 6 from putting my clothes in the dryer, down the hall, room after room all I could hear was snapping and clicking.

i can only imagine how sweet that sounded..

Not to mention the Smell of Bore Solvent eking out from under the doors tonight to clean out the dust that managed to blow up before the Rain .

Great Match so far and you RO' have done a amazing jobs moving this Crowd along.

Thanks to all.

Loved to see the Jeep with the M2 mounted. Reminded me of my old favorite " Rat Patrol "