Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What type of Competition Bag do you use?

Pro-Pain

I got such a good response a few weeks ago about contents, but no one discussed the actual bag they use.

How do you haul all your stuff to a match? Book bag? Duffel bag? Actual square range bag with the compartment separators? ruck sack? A pack mule (servant/wife or husband/bellhop) (or an actual donkey?) ((kind of ridiculous but how funny would that be to see at a match?))?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the Power Factor Show Episode 9? http://www.powerfactorshow.com/

It covers a couple of different approaches to range bags Rick and Steve use, as well as other options like the cart and baby stroller.

Personally, I ran with an Uncle Mike's Range Bag (http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/deluxe_range_bag.html) for about 6 years until the straps stitching started coming undone. Amazingly good run for a bag that went in and out of the rain, as well as use and abuse about twice a week carrying about 300-500 rounds and 2 guns. At the time I got it, I paid only $20 on clearance. I got a no-name replacement a couple of months ago, and this one is starting to fall apart. I think I'll be going back to Uncle Mike's or look at a couple other options.

I've got the SMALL Shooters Connection bag and I can fit 3 or 4 pistols, 400 rds of ammo, and about 8 mags in it, plus all the other gear we always haul to the range (eyes, ears, food, water, etc.) I love it! Not only is it plenty big, but it's so well made I'll never need another range bag in my lifetime!

:cheers:

I've got the SMALL Shooters Connection bag and I can fit 3 or 4 pistols, 400 rds of ammo, and about 8 mags in it, plus all the other gear we always haul to the range (eyes, ears, food, water, etc.) I love it! Not only is it plenty big, but it's so well made I'll never need another range bag in my lifetime!

:cheers:

Same here! Built like a brick outhouse!:cheers:

I suggest a quick search for 'range bag' in this Gear & Accessories...I mean dozens on threads and hundreds of post on bags and packs. wink.gif

5.11 Rush 24. Love it, especially the hydration pack storage.

post-1015-076156600 1297870689_thumb.jpg

I use one of the Bug out Bags from CountyComm.com as my main bag.

for a stage bag i use either my cheapo craftsman tool bag or a maxpedition sitka (if its a big match)

Edited by spanky

I have not seen a donkey yet but when I was in the Marine Corps I had gun bearer (PFC). I use an I-Shot bag for most stuff. If its a big match I might bring a small wagon for gear and cooler and stuff. Basicly its a square/rectangle range bag...

At the range I have used Dillon which I purchased and CED(?) Comp Bag & Springfield Amory Bag which I won. I do not overstuff my bag, I will go back to the car to get any real tools, etc.

Air Travel, I load up the range bag and put it in a Swiss Army luggage bag.

PS: My bags are color coded for different calibers as are my mag holders. :surprise:

In the dark of the morning, rummaging through my safe in a dark garage, I do not want to be grabbing the wrong mags for the right gun.

Crap, I just realized my gun gear is worth more than my 4Runner.

Edited by pjb45

A big fishing bag. Bought mine when I shot revo all the time and liked the 1/2 dozen tackleboxes it came with - good for moonclip hauling.

When I take the bike to a match, I use a backpack that slips on the bike's backrest.

My next bag is hopefully going to be a Shooters Connection bag. They're truly great.