Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nov BOD Meeting

Charles Bond

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh.... RO/CROs get the new book, but not paying members???? Sure. All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others.

Some members do contribute more to the organization than others --- so no, "all animals" are not equal.....

And for those who don't know -- Eric's on that list of folks who have contributed more than the average member....

oh.... RO/CROs get the new book, but not paying members???? Sure. All animals are equal, some are just more equal than others.

Take two days out of your schedule, take the RO class, take on the added responsibility at each one of your local matches to run shooters and fulfill the RO duties with no compensation and you can be more equal too <_<

U tell him, big guy!

Take two days out of your schedule, take the RO class, take on the added responsibility at each one of your local matches to run shooters and fulfill the RO duties with no compensation and you can be more equal too <_<

A) Perhaps arrange a "nationals group". Salary them/cover expenses as needed, but have a dedicated group which can spend a full year developing layouts, props, etc. Perhaps try to combine it w. some kind of trade show, etc - make it a larger event.

B) Nationals should be at a tourist destination, so that competitors can bring their families along on a vacation.

C) They should not be in any state w.o. "Shall Issue" CCW, or which requires a permission slip to buy a pistol. While not a gun rights organization, certain things are fundamental.

so i wont be getting a new rulebook?

Dunno,

It appears they might be sending them to RO/CRO only. Is there anyone that has got one that isn't an RO?

I'm also looking for the meeting minutes.... so far nothing is posted. :(

JT

I'm not an RO, CRO, or anything and I got one.

so i wont be getting a new rulebook?

Dunno,

It appears they might be sending them to RO/CRO only. Is there anyone that has got one that isn't an RO?

I'm also looking for the meeting minutes.... so far nothing is posted. :(

JT

I'm not an RO, CRO, or anything and I got one.

Hmmm. Maybe the got the message and are sending one to everyone.... Bravo if they did!

JT

Eric spent a few years running a club as match director. He's put his time in, and then some....

@ Aglifter...you probably already know this, but the Single Stack Nat's/Classic is held at PASA Park/Barry, Illinois (People's Republik, of)

so that'll be two strikes against the Classic...unless there is something touristey going on in Barry or Quincy that I don't know about.

and there was some talk elsewhere in the forum about sticking the revolver nat's with the single stack.

just curious where you live Ag, since you don't have it posted???

I'm usually bouncing around between SC and TX. Another concern is that flying into/traveling through NY, IL, MD, NJ, etc is enough to make a shooter paranoid about dealing w. the police - EG, I didn't know that the SS championship was in IL. Since it is, I presume a competitor can fly in, and transport his gun w.o. having to file paperwork - but I cannot imagine he could fly through Chicago.

My suggestion would be to look at revolver.

IRC in California 220+ shooters

2010 uspsa nationals ~20 shooters

What could we do better? I think some small changes could open up USPSA revolver. I would buy a revolver and shoot in USPSA if 8 shots were allowed. But 6 shots on up to 8 shot arrays is not fun imo.

My suggestion would be to look at revolver.

IRC in California 220+ shooters

2010 uspsa nationals ~20 shooters

What could we do better? I think some small changes could open up USPSA revolver. I would buy a revolver and shoot in USPSA if 8 shots were allowed. But 6 shots on up to 8 shot arrays is not fun imo.

FWIW look at the Memphis Revovler only Charity Challenge, 67+ for both years.

I'm usually bouncing around between SC and TX. Another concern is that flying into/traveling through NY, IL, MD, NJ, etc is enough to make a shooter paranoid about dealing w. the police - EG, I didn't know that the SS championship was in IL. Since it is, I presume a competitor can fly in, and transport his gun w.o. having to file paperwork - but I cannot imagine he could fly through Chicago.

Fly to St. Louis, then catch a puddle jumper or drive. It is about 100 miles to Quincy. Not a bad drive, good road.

A slight thread drift. I hear all the time about where the Nationals "should" be. It is really pretty easy to get it there. Just have a club ask for it. If they have the facility, logistics, props, some amount of staff, hotels, eating establishments, and a few other things, they have a good shot. However, they do need to ask and be willing to host it.

Gary

You can fly to Chicago, you just have to leave and not stay over there. I've done it many times... I just don't spend any extra time in Chicago or it's burbs.

JT

I could not agree with you more. It has been USPSA policy for years that all members get new rule books when we revise them. IMO there is no reason to change that policy.

But if you are unhappy with not receiving a new rule book as part of your membership, no reason to complain here. Contact your AD and USPSA President and tell them so.

I could not agree with you more. It has been USPSA policy for years that all members get new rule books when we revise them. IMO there is no reason to change that policy.

But if you are unhappy with not receiving a new rule book as part of your membership, no reason to complain here. Contact your AD and USPSA President and tell them so.

Just an observation; In the latest 'Front Sight' magazine, there was a notice to contact the USPSA if you would like a copy of the new revised rulebook.

Without doing that...mine arrived last week. It never occurred to me that it might be because I'm an RO. I assumed it was due to my vast political influence, dashing good looks, or plain dumb luck;-)

Can someone in the know elaborate on the on-line squadding and match calender policy?

The policy is included in the minutes.

Short form:

- Available to Level II and above (Level I matches can use the local match calendar)

- Access will be granted while sanction is pending

- If sanction is not obtained, the listing and squadding will be taken down. This will not be done arbitrarily, but is in place so a club can't claim "We'll be Level II", use these features, and then "change their mind" after their match is listed.

These listings and match squadding are intended for major (level II and above) events. This policy simplify formalizes and clarifies this point.

rob