Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition holster do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

I shoot uspsa production and bought a Blade-tech DOH but it is almost 1 inch too far away from the body when attached to a CR Speed belt.

I had to remove the DOH attachment to make it legal. Does anyone else have this problem? My BT has the Tech Loc attachment. I called BT and basically they told me tough s--t. Thats all we have.

You have to add shims to make it legal. A few well placed washers will do the trick

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Limited/Open------Ghost. I really like the ease of being able to flip the lock off while drawing from seated (or other awkward) starts (without having to worry about the gun falling out of the holster).

Production------Ghost production holster. It has about the best adjustability of any production holster, allowing you to get the gun angled exactly how you want it.

DAA. Its new so need to try it. Liked it.

Others. Tried CRS and liked it. Will shift to DAA later to make it the same w/ my Open/Std set up. The CR tongue holding the trigger guard dont last long enough w/ lots of dry fire.

Limited with a Glock 24. Triple Crown "Speed Cut" holster sitting on a TekLok bracket.

Why? Because i love supporting local business and Troy makes badass holsters. The speed cut helps get that 6" barrel out a bit faster as well.

kbC8urv.jpg

Edited by SpaceFlunky

I only really shoot Production right now, but I'm using Blade-tech for my M&P. Being a cheapskate I'm using the Revolution with the DOH attachment bought separately. On the odd occasion that I shoot my backup gun (Glock) I just use an Uncle Mike's

Currently I'm putting together a Single Stack rig and since USPSA was nice enough to include a 50% off coupon with my membership renewal I'm starting out there with all Safariland gear :).

• 3 months later...

CR Speed for limited. I have a Ghost which is a great holster but I have had the gun spin in it more than once so it got gone pretty quick. There is no measurable difference in draw time, for me at least, so I go for the added point of contact. Another thing is the CR Speed is very versatile, I use the same one for my STI, XD and have put a Glock in it, not to mention it is cheaper than the Ghost. For production I use the Bladetech for no other reason than that is what I have and it works.

Went to a Safariland 012 after very nearly having my gun yanked out of my Ghost holster at Nats. It was a really windy day. A trash bag was tied to the upright of a stage canopy. Trash bag caught the end of the barrel. The barrel was almost parallel to the ground by the time I got it untangled from the trash bag.

After that, I looked for a pinned ghost for several months, because I liked everything else about the holster. Never found one, so went with the Safariland. I hate the idea of getting DQed for a dropped gun more than I like the idea of being able to use the same holster in Open and Limited.

The Double Alpha wasn't out at the time, but I think this problem may have been solved by Saul. Maybe someone else can chime in. Can you pull the gun free of a DA holster by pulling forwards on the barrel?

Limited with a Glock 24. Triple Crown "Speed Cut" holster sitting on a TekLok bracket.

Why? Because i love supporting local business and Troy makes badass holsters. The speed cut helps get that 6" barrel out a bit faster as well.

kbC8urv.jpgThat, my friend, is a good looking holster. Triple Crown is the way to go for customer holsters. He's made three or four for me. Getting ready to have him make another for SS with the Blade-Tech Teck-Lock belt attachment,

I use a DAA Race Master for Limited.

I was using a Safariland ALS for Tac Ops and removing the retention device for pistol games until I got the DAA. Have not shot a 3 gun match since ive started using the DAA and dont know if i would use it in 3 gun or not.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...